what battery or how many batteries do i Need?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vlcmstn105

Reaction score
first i want to say im fresh to this site i cant tell you how much help ive been gettin THANK YOU ALL !! but like anyone else i want EVERYTHING!!! hahaha but i have a 30lb thrust minn kota and looking to get a depth/fish finder and possibly adding a light/lights hahahahha. How much time would i get with all on a 12v? ship 12 and go 24? what do you have hooked up to what and how long does it last?

I have a radio, lights, depth finder, and cranking on a single battery. It last all day on the water and I use it 2-3 times a week before I charge. Then again, I'm not sure if my motor charges the battery when its running.

Don't run your electronics - fish finder etc. on the SAME battery as your trolling motor. As for batteries, go to Oreilly's Auto Parts. They sell marine batteries which are made by Deka but a LOT cheaper. I'm running a 24V TM and these batteries are on their 3rd year and running strong. Maintaining your batteries is the KEY to them lasting. You can look at my build in my sig line, I'm running 4 total batteries with a weight of close to 300 lbs. My electronics are on a Sears Platinum AGM battery and it was about $275. That's surely a 12V TM....

i ordered my batteries at advanced auto online then went to the store to pick them up. Buy them one at a time - 15% off the first one, then you get a $25 off $50+ purchase to be used on a later purchase (which was battery #2 15 minutes later on the website).

Use one battery for your trolling motor and buy a smaller one for your electronics,lights,etc.
I use a small motorcycle battery when for my fish finder etc...
I know it's not made to be charged over and over again like a deep cycle but electronics and lights don't draw that much power and it will last along time(years) before it finally craps out.

Latest posts