what is the best Lure all year round ?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can fish plastic worms all day long doesnt matter what time it is, same with a spinnerbait and rap. Just try to match up your baits for the water conditions, if the water is really dirty/muddy Id go with darker baits, and maybe throw spinner with painted blades. If the visibility is good then go to more natural colors, also on spinners use ones with gold/nickel blades.

WOW!!!! =D> ALL DAY TODAY, i used 3 different rapalas shad rap lures,,,, and the best one that got all the fishes today was this one https://www.rapala.com/products/luresdetail.cfm?modelName=shad_rap&freshorsalt=Fresh
i have to buy a new one now, its been chewed all up,, scratch etc etc,,
love it!!

1st catch was a 8lb largemouth!!! soo happy,,, never caught anything that big in my life!!! went to a new lake,, had no boat ,(went to check it out before i brought the boat),, but i was in teh water to my knees,, it was real heavy that fish i thought it was gonna break my line if i try to hold it up,, it was sooo freaking big and heavy,,

love rapala!!

FishinsMyLife317 said:
Nice! Do you have a picture of it?

actually i do,, but i had to hold the line and hold the camera phone on the other,, the water was up to my knees, and i was afraid if i put it up anymore my line would brake,, i was pulling and it wouldnt go up,,

so heres the only view,, my son took a second pic, but he has his finger in the way,, fish was pissed, it was fighting the hold time..

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 373
Amazing fish.....Congrats.

I fish mostly plastics and then those are either the Sizmic frog which get hit alot.

But the one tried and true soft plastic I use is the Berkley Sinking Minnow.

That minnow gets hammered, i end up running out of them and cant find them anymore at WM or Dicks.

BLK fisher said:
By the way, Nice fish also. Them 8lbrs put up a good fight, don't they?

god yes,, after i was done bringing her in , i was huffing and puffing,,lol

any rapala crank bait fished at the right pauses and jerks will always put bass in the boat. rapala is the way to go

I'm a couple weeks late on this topic :oops: , but nice catch kemical ! 8)

I guess my go-to bait would be some type of plastic worm (normally a Tiki Stick), then a red spinner bait in early Spring.