What kind of Bow are you shooting?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm shooting an '05 Hoyt V-Tech at the moment.

A veritable dinosaur if you listen to my local pro shop buddies. :lol:

(It still shoots 278fps with a hunting arrow)

Bowtec baby. I first bought the Tomcat package in 05. It fit me well for the type of hunting I do (spot and stalk mule deer, elk, and antelope) because it is 29 1/2" axle to axle. I then picked up the patriot from a guy who needed beer money and I dig it. Then I worked at Sportsmans Warehouse in 07 during school and got to play with all of the new bows. I just cant talk my wife into the General yet. But I do have an older browning for my bowfishing setup.

I guess now you get my screen name. Switchback. There are alot of great bows out there but you really just have to shoot them to see which fits you better. I bought mine in 05 and several have come out since but I'll keep shooting the one I got for a few more years. Not the fastest bow but I love how smooth the draw is and easy on my arm.

Alpine Xi Extreme. (1994ish) I'll probably retire it this year for a newer model.. LOL
I also have an old Ben Pearson recurve that was my dad's that I still play with some. Although I'll have to get a new string for it this year.

2008 Pearson TX4 for hunting and 3d
2006 Pearson Generation II for spots and 3d and emergency hunting back up
Used to shoot Mathews SB XT and the TX4 kept it in it case, so I sold it. Tons of great bows out there in all price levels. Not to pump another website but good used deals over on archerytalk.com. Have had real success buying trying and selling if I dont like it.

Browning, PSE & Darton.....

I like my Darton the best. Light, fast, smooth and very consistant.
My PSE has the power. I've put arrows clean through a deer with that Bow....

I shoot a Reflex. Had it since 99(I think) I use heavy aluminum arrows witha 125gr tip.

I got my son a Fred Bear Odyssey II (14"-27" 40-50 lbs) this way he can grow into it-I got him set up on carbon arrows at 100gr

He shoots with a scott release and I shoot with fingers.

We both have the WhiskerBiscuit. Its a hunter's rest, If I was shooting competition I'd go with a drop-a-way.

OLD RELIABLE, BEAR WHITE TAIL II , NOW THATS A DINOSOUR. ALSO HAVE A MARTIN LYNX, ANOTHER OLDIE.

BOWTECH TomCat 60lb draw adjustable to 30" for us bigger guys wish i had something a little faster but it shoots good! may give it to one of my buddies in the FD son when his voice changes!

My newest is an 08 Martin Bengal, I also have a 93 Martin Bengal and an old Bear Whitetail Hunter that I have set up for bowfishing. I've been a huge Martin fan for years, great bows and awesome customer service.

Latest posts