what rod holder?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry no pictures (boat in winter storage) but... For those that have consul steering as does my Bass Tracker II Mod -V, I have mounted a (similar to above) rod holder that will hold the rods vertically instead of horizontally. Works ok, keeps rods out of the way and increases interior width of the boat by not having the rods there. Holds 4 rods (or more) depending on width of consul. For road travel I usually break them down (2 piece) and use twist ties to keep them together.

FOr those without consul steering, this method might also work if rod holder was mounted vertically on the front or back of the boat seat

Outdoorsman

jasper60103 said:
Still trying to decide how to best mount a rod storage rack in my boat.
I don't have side walls...

SDC12192.jpg

I do like Hanr3's mounting brackets (below), but I don't think I could make them. Any ideas for the unskilled?

hanr3rodstoragebracket.jpg

How far apart are your seats? Could you fashion up a rod locker between the seats on one side or the other?

OK, so I just realized I never updated this post, when it was brought up in another post so I did the tracker rod holders! Here they are before the carpet and one after....

photo-10.jpg

photo-9.jpg

photo-24.jpg

devilmutt said:
00 mod said:
What rod holder do you use on your tin for transport and to hold your rods while fishing?
Jeff

This is what I like to use, while it is one of a kind I do have the matching right hand version. Sorry, they are not for sale, but they are available to rent. You pay the shipping cost to your open water destination.

IMG_2453.jpg
:LOL2: :LOL2: I have a set like that from a different manufacturer, they work well!

I have Berkley Rod Racks mounted in my boat. They work great.

I used the same thing and drilled a small hole on the top and bottom to fit a little twelve in bunngy cord. Works great just need to buy another set for when I have a friend along. Imlike to keep alot of poles in the boat since i never know what I am going to target till I get to the lake.

I'm looking for a set that mount the rods vertically. I need two sets of the three. I want to use the tube type rack, however I can't find them in grey. I'll probably buy a set of white ones, then paint them.