What year and what price?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caver101

Reaction score
This is a boat I am looking at buying. Its a fair price and the boat is exactly what I am looking for. Just the motor is not. Its a 1652 weldbuilt all welded boat with floor, storage, ect...

What year is this motor? The owner can not find a mfg date anywhere on it. Early 80's?

Also, if I were to sell the motor, drive cables and side console as one unit what would be a ballpark price to expect? Should I sale the electric trim with it also (and value of it also)? I don't normaly see all that sold together and have no idea of value.

My plan is to swap it over to a tiller steer mud motor at some point.

boatmotor.jpg

yea, I agree looks like a 80s motor. It should have a metal tag on the port side of transom clamps with the model and serial number on it. We can verify the year by the model number.

I rarely see a 25hp with tilt and trim. I would sell the motor together w/control & cables.
I would sell the console, tilt and trim separately.
Pricing varies by location and condition.

I would buy your motor. I am thinking of selling my 70 hp nissan. I don't need that much power or weight.I do want the trim and controls

I have a '77 25hp and it looks alot like mine. Go to ishopmarine find the evin. store and type in the the seriel /model number and it should bring up the parts for and year. I have that same T/T the pt35 they are very nice units.

I drove 361 miles round trip Friday and brought it home. Based on the serial number I think its a 1981 model motor (??).

There is a cut wire on the CMC trim unit. Just going to order a new wiring harness for it today due to all the corrosion at the relays. Trim works....just have to know what wires to touch the battery terminals with :lol:

Motor runs good, but the impeller in the foot is shot. Took the foot off Sunday and hope to pick up a new impeller here localy today.

Boat has a 2002 mfg date. Not sure on date of the trailer, but I assume its much older than the boat. Lot of light surface rust, but I have a good portion of it cleaned up and painted already. Still need to replace the bearings and add bearing buddies. Maybe new tires also (at least a spare tire/wheel). Came with a new trolling motor battery (cranking battery was dead, I have ready replaced it with a new one). Also has an onboard trickle charger. 2 depth finders (older lowrance up front and a older humingbird at the wheel), motorguide 42lb thrust troling motor, 10 life jackets (why 10 with such a small boat?? :lol: ), 3 padles, 3 or 4 anchors and a few other small assorted items. I added carpet to the two side bunks that were naked wood. I am going to redo the bottom bunks when I have time so they all match. Not in bad shape right now.

Going to run this motor for a while till I can save up for a mud motor. So far its running great and starts very easy.

I will try to post a few photos when it stops raining.

if you have any problems when you get the harness PM me and ill send you my number and ill try to talk you through it. ive had mine apart and back together alot.

Only when it below 20 degrees, when its cold its slow. I would use a high cranking batt. I use a 1000 cca. you should get 25-27 mph out of that rig. I have almost that same one and have topped mine out at 28.6mph.

Thanks for the info. My battery is much smaller, around 550CCA. Its going to see a lot of cold weather outings.....so I may end up investing in a larger battery.

I printed it on Friday while I was working on the trim unit and tried to call them, but they are only open mon-thurs.

I called CMC today at lunch.........WOW!! They want $100 + shipping for the wire harness.....needless to say I did not buy it.

A couple of the connectors are corroded and have disintegrated and fallen out of the relay block. I assume the previous owner let it set in the weather and water got into the relays and connectors and that did it. There is no real way to salvage the existing relay mounting block....its trashed.

I sent you a PM. I will take a couple photos tonight of it.