When to charge and not to charge battery????

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOSKN5

Reaction score
when should you charge your battery after fishing? will it hurt to charge it back up fully after each use, even if you dont use it for long? I just dont want to mess the battery up..... thanks for the help...

GOSKN5 said:
when should you charge your battery after fishing? will it hurt to charge it back up fully after each use, even if you don't use it for long? I just don't want to mess the battery up..... thanks for the help...
Always charge your batteries as soon as you get back from fishing I have an on board charger that I plug in as soon as i get home and don't unplug it until I use it the next time Mine have been plugged in all winter

Just a newbie question but why plug it in as soon as you return and why set it on the lowest amp setting for recharge?

Thanks
Bufford

Storing batteries in a discharged state shortens the life of the battery and charging at high amperages creates heat, evaporating the fluid.

You can certainly charge your batteries at 10 amps if needed for fast charging but be aware that you need to check your fluid levels more often.

Quackrstackr said:
Storing batteries in a discharged state shortens the life of the battery and charging at high amperages creates heat, evaporating the fluid.

You can certainly charge your batteries at 10 amps if needed for fast charging but be aware that you need to check your fluid levels more often.
I checked my batteries 3 out of 4 were full and the other was a little low So did the distilled water deal checked the voltage 13.5 and went to bed.
Up at the crack of dawn on Sunday drove to the ramp ,dumped the 21ft too in and had a dead starting battery Off to walmart
what a way to start the fishing day the battery was 4 years old so I got my use out of it..Wayne

Thanks for the help folks.... I didnt know that at all glad I asked.....

Quackrstackr said:

Good to know. I always waited until the night before to recharge; guess I'll change my habit. Thanks.

Latest posts