Where you fishin' this Labor Day weekend?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fishing at my aunt/uncles pond that I just started to fish a few weeks ago. Before that I haven't went fishing in this pond since I was about 10yrs old. Don't ask me why #-o 1 Must have had a brain fart for the past 25+ yrs or so. This pond is loaded! I don't think many other people have fished it either, so I'll help with the population control.

Update #2: Went out to a local late tonight by myself. Fished for about 4 hours and totally enjoyed the day/weather. Could not have been better. Had a hard time finding fish. Had one bite all night, and was lucky enough to catch it. Large mouth bass that fought harder than any I've caught all year. About 3 lb. Made a good night great. Too bad I couldn't find anymore. The good thing was that all the other anglers told me they struck out. I might have caught the only fish tonight. Makes me feel like I'm doing something right...even if it's being lucky. :D

Attachments

• DSC_0453.jpg
    DSC_0453.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 269
We were at my brother-in-laws all weekend out of town, and he has his own pond, but I didn't even take my fishing gear (or my camera). Maybe I'll fish next season if it's not as hot as it was this summer.
headscratch_shrug_smilie.gif

I was hoping to get out on Presque Isle Bay, Lake Erie in a rental boat at least once this weekend. Unfortunately the back / sciatica forced me to stay in most of the weekend. Maybe later this week.

In Tennessee, Labor Day is often considered the end of boating season for many folks and anyone who has anything that floats and has a prop attached to it will be on the water one last time. I just don't enjoy being out with that many folks so I avoid the lakes like the plague during Memorial Day, the Fourth of July, and Labor Day. I have the luxury of being able to fish during the week and work on the weekends if I want to so I don't see the need to get out during holidays. Besides, my favorite time to fish is in the dead of winter when there is nobody on the water but hardcore fishermen.

I managed to get out Saturday. Went to Lake Evergreen, agian, the one we had the tournament on.
this time I took our 2 Shih Tzu's, the wife went to Chi-town with her dad, and my youngest and his fiancie. I wanted to see how the dogs would react to the boat, and fishing.
Not more than 5 mintues after I strat trolling looking for a crib I marked last time I hear a splash and notice one of them in the water, she wasnt sure where to go, I called her and she swam back to the boat, hauled her in by the back of the neck. 5 minutes later the other one went for a swim, repeated the process. Needless to say they stayed in teh boat the rest of the day.

As for fishing, caught a crappie and a bluegill not much bigger than the hook.

Apalachicola Bay Flolrida. I got into the redfish this morning and caught several. The biggest was 27". I also caught 3 flounders, the biggest was about 16".

Codeman said:
Taking my daughter to Wappapello in the morning hoping to run down a few crappie.

Hey Codeman...how was your Wappapello trip? I've been thinking of heading down there for a long weekend. I haven't been there for 30 years though....and then it was low and nothing but mossy.

Latest posts