Which mapping card?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
I just got a Lowrance LMS 522c iGPS for Christmas and was wondering which map cards would be the best. I am considering either the Fishing Hot Spots Pro, Mapcreate or Navonics 08 Premium or Platinum. Fishing Hotspots will do Illinois and Wiscoland on the same card but Tennessee will be on another card. Not sure how much Wiscoland I'll be doing and I know I'll be going to TN at least once to fish Dale Hollow. Navonics has IL and TN on the same card but WI is on a different one. $50.00 Mail in rebate on Navonics 08 Premium cards until 12/31. I don't know anything about Mapcreate.

I sort of understand the volume of information and the size of the cards but I wish they would be universal when it comes to what states are considered what area.

Can you buy the software (CD) versions and download it to an SD card??? Like this:

https://www.software-maps.com/lowrance-fishing-hot-spots-pro.htm

Or am I way off base (I'm pretty computer illiterate).

It still limits you to sectors. I think there is one where you can pick and choose what lakes you want on the card. I'm not sure but thought maybe that was Mapcreate?

flounderhead59 said:
It still limits you to sectors. I think there is one where you can pick and choose what lakes you want on the card. I'm not sure but thought maybe that was Mapcreate?

I'm not at all familiar with how it works, just started browsing cause it sounded interesting - something I might like to have for the lake I have, and will be, fishing....

FH. I have the old Navionics chip which was for my 339igps. Now I have an external 520c and the chip works but not like it dod with the 339. If you do purchase it, kake sure it will work with your 522. I think the chip I have is outdated for the new units.

Latest posts