Tinboats Tournament August 21st - Bloomington, IL!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished up my work for the week and now off for the weekend. Plenty of time to pack the boat with camping gear today and off to Evergreen Lake tomorrow morning.

Hanr3 - no problem, I'll pu them on the list. Just stop by that night. I'm sure someone will be at the campsite.

I lost a day of packing as I was sick last night :? Better to get it out of my system now than on Saturday!

We'll be getting there on Friday. I'm guessing that I'll set up camp and try to fish a bit that night. Still gotta get an IL license!

wasilver you can always pick up a license at walmart in bloomington, 8 miles south of the lake. I-55/I-74(sb) exit 160, turn right on IL-9(wb) 1/2 mile on the right hand side.

po1 said:
wasilver you can always pick up a license at walmart in bloomington, 8 miles south of the lake. I-55/I-74(sb) exit 160, turn right on IL-9(wb) 1/2 mile on the right hand side.

Thanks!

Also, don't forget your plaid and get some pictures. You can will all the tinboats contests this week!
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=15239

I'm getting really pumped now! Can hardly concentrate at work today.

Fishing forcast for Saturday... Good all the way till 3pm, then drops to fair. I hope it's a cloudy that day. We'll be in for some awesome fishing!
https://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/outdoors/fishing/61748?dayParam=3

In WI, all I fish here are natural lakes, so the structure is always weedbeds/ledges. I hope to get some great pictures with the side/down imaging of other types of underwater structure. It would be awesome to get a picture of a tree with baitfish on it.

Sorry you couldn't make it Jim.

Time for me to go home, I'm useless now at work. :mrgreen:

Updated fishing report from Larry's Fishing Hole (www.larrysfishinghole.com)

EVERGREEN LAKE - North of Bloomington to Exit #8 on I-39, and West just over 1-mile and turn left (south) at sign.
This Lake has BOATING FEES and Evergreen Lake remains a 10 hp (or less) lake. You may use a larger motor ONLY to load and unload from your trailer. Larger motors MUST be propped out of the water once you are away from the courtesy docks. No Size Limit on CRAPPIE Just THE FIFTEEN (15) CRAPPIE PER DAY CREEL LIMIT
- - Lake is about 2 foot below pool with water temps in 80s
- Bass were FAIR-SLOW with most being caught early mornings or late evenings.
- Bluegill were FAIR on wax worms and parts of crawlers along weed lines.
- Catfishing has been FAIR on livers and dip baits mostly late evenings and into the night with a few nice fish.
- Crappie were FAIR-SLOW and suspended in 10 - 20 foot water caught on
- Saugeye were SLOW with mostly smaller fish being caught mostly on minnows with some on tube jigs.
*THE BAIT SHOP IS OPEN seven days a week, with minnows, waxworms, nightcrawlers, leeches, and various tackle.
*Glasener Beach & Concession Stand Will Be CLOSED On WEEKDAYS Starting on Monday August 9th THIS FACILITY WILL REMAIN OPEN WEEKENDS ONLY THROUGH LABOR DAY WEEKEND (YES, WE WILL BE OPEN LABOR DAY - SEPT. 6TH). The Park Staff Wish To THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATRONAGE!

Matt

Well it's after midnight and the boat and truck are packed. Im tired, yet cant sleep. 5:15am is going to come real fast.

See you on the lake gentlemen!
Plaid and all. :mrgreen:

The results are in! After a full day of fishing on Lake Evergreen, I won the Bass division with three fish going for 10lbs, 4oz, and Hanr3 won the panfish division with three nice crappie.

DSCF6968.JPG
DSCF6972.JPG
DSCF6975.JPG
DSCF6974.JPG

Overall it was a nice day to be out on the water. It was overcast much of the day, with the skies clearing a bit after lunch. I seemed to have a rougher time than normal. Wasilvers mentioned that watching me unload the boat from the trailer is what they invented cameras for...very funny! Of course, the motor wouldn't start, and I was dropping stuff in the water trying to get clear of the trailer. Not a good way to start the day. Without the big motor, I had to head for an island just about 400yds from the launch. I trolled around stumps and trees, catching at least 15 fish on one of my shallow diving bluegill crankbaits in 3-4ft of water. The biggest one went for a little over 4lbs. I also caught my first Musky, a 26-incher. I had no idea they smelled so bad! I had to keep washing off my hands after that. My battery ended up almost going dead at about 1:30pm, and I had to crawl back to the launch against a nice breeze, with the trolling motor on high. It took me about 30mins to go the 400yds back to an area near the ramp to wait out the last two hours. I was able to get the motor to start while waiting around, but it was running pretty bad, so I shut it off and put the boat on the trailer by hand.

I can't wait till the next time! We received a K-Mart ad in the paper today...My wife pointed out a tent they had on sale for $189 and mentioned staying in that would be one way to get her to camp out...This tent had closets.

Matt

Congrats to Matt. He made the best of a slow day to reel in some NICE bass. The picture doesn't do them justice.

Everyone I spoke to tried to convince us that bass fishing at Evergreen was hopeless. I caught 2 all day, one 13 and one 14 1/2 - not enough to measure. However, the crappie were everywhere! Hanr3 and his son caught a mess of them, Matt and I each contributed one to the fish fry.

I forgot to charge the camera batteries for the fishing tourney :cry: but did manage a few pictures for the fish fry...

One of the bass that didn't make it, What a fillet!
2010-08-21-what-a-fillet.JPG

MMMM – can you smell it!
2010-08-21-fish-fry.JPG

Hanr3 really knows his way around a campfire – he's a master chef!
2010-08-21-Hanr3-master-chef.JPG

We put the kids were in charge of dessert -experts in their own right.
2010-08-21-dessert-time.JPG

2010-08-21-dessert-yummy.JPG

There were a few potential futere fishermen in the crowd
2010-08-21-future-fishers.JPG

After dinner, I took a couple of kids fishing. The crappie were still biting right outside camp.
2010-08-21-more-fishing.JPG

Campfire at night wrapped up a great day
2010-08-21-campfire.JPG

Jim said:
Wow! Looks like a super time was had by all. Good job fellas! My hat goes off to all of you.

Ditto! +1

Next time, I'm in too. My 4 hour "soccer tournament duty" turned into 6+ hours. I'd have rather been fishing with you guys. I also tried to make up for it by hitting the river Friday night. After about an hour....we were chased off by a horrible storm that blew in. The lightning and wind were horrible....then, came the downpour. Messed up fishing for most of this week probably. It's really been a tough year around here to fish. Hasn't stopped me though. :LOL2:

They were great! :mrgreen: We had enough food for 10.

I had a great time, even with the rain. Met some great people too.

Anybody heard to po1?
Last I heard he had a hole in the boat and had to leave early. Looked like his campsite was empty when I was heading out on Sunday.

Will, great family you have there!

Matt, I want pics of the lure you were using. :mrgreen:
You caught some awesome Bass.

I was hoping to get my pics posted tonight, however I left my memory stick at work, at least I hope that is where I left it. Its got my work stuff on it too.

Not too toot my own horn, however I had the best campsite in the park.

Hanr3 said:
Anybody heard to po1?
Last I heard he had a hole in the boat and had to leave early. Looked like his campsite was empty when I was heading out on Sunday.

Will, great family you have there!

Matt, I want pics of the lure you were using. :mrgreen:
You caught some awesome Bass.

I checked with po1. said he hit a stump on his way to another fishing spot and put a hole in his boat. :cry: He made it out ok, just has to do some work on it now. I think that soon he'll have a boat mod thread going.

Matt - I don't want pictures, I'll take 2 just like your's- just email or pm me what I owe you and shipping to 53089 and I'll get it to you. I saw Ultimate Match Fishing and a guy fishing shakyheads got schooled by an oldtimer throwing the same cranks as what you showed me. Not your killer colors, but shad colored.

wasilvers I checked with po1. said he hit a stump on his way to another fishing spot and put a hole in his boat. :cry: He made it out ok said:
I am also going to order a couple of the winning lures.

Glad to hear that about po1, and will watch for the thread.

Onto my pics from the weekend.

Attachments

• 4mosquito.JPG
    4mosquito.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 903
  • 14boatbeached.JPG
    14boatbeached.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 903
  • 27campbay.JPG
    27campbay.JPG
    164.7 KB · Views: 903
  • 17lakeview.JPG
    17lakeview.JPG
    164.4 KB · Views: 903
  • 21snightmoon.JPG
    21snightmoon.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 903
  • 20campnlakeview.JPG
    20campnlakeview.JPG
    158.9 KB · Views: 903
  • 25smornsunrise.JPG
    25smornsunrise.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 903
  • 12crappie.JPG
    12crappie.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 903
  • 29boatloaded.JPG
    29boatloaded.JPG
    184.7 KB · Views: 903
Looks like all had a wonderful time..... I'm pretty bummed out about not being able to go. :( Health and wife's schedule had other plans for my family this time.... oh well hopefully this won't be the last outing for the area.

Heck I'm ready to go again.

Im looking at going camping/fishing Sept 24-26th. The wife is going to Chicago for the weekend, it'll be me and the dogs. I hope the dogs like to camp and fish.

That is a great looking lake. Congrats to the winners, and it looks like all involved had a great time. Hanr3, your site looks like it was killer

Latest posts