Tinboats Tournament August 21st - Bloomington, IL!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm crushed a that I can't make this. I've tried to figure out a way to get out of my daughter's soccer tournament responsibilities, but it wouldn't be fair to her. Dang! I expect to see lots of pictures!

I'm getting frustrated..... My wife put in for the time off for this a long time ago.... Her boss is saying that she can't have it off :evil: I wonder how heartbroken she'll be if I just come without her :?

Jay Angel, out of Peru.....[/quote]

Not familiar with him.[/quote]

Didn't he own a bait shop up there for a while?[/quote]

Don't know about owning a bait shop, but he is a Hydrologist for USGS, Fishing Guide and Outdoor Writer. Mostly Shabonna, LaSalle and Heideke lakes, but Evergreen also and a few other places.

perchin said:
I'm getting frustrated..... My wife put in for the time off for this a long time ago.... Her boss is saying that she can't have it off :evil: I wonder how heartbroken she'll be if I just come without her :?

"cough" I think she's coming down with SummerItis. Better take a few days to make sure she nips it in the but and it doesn't take hold and turn into ImaOutaHereItis.

Seriously though, hasn't she seen Office Space enough to know how to handle the bosses? A little push-back goes a LONG Way. Off topic, but here's a story my sister shared. She wasn't happy with her boss and his pushieness and demands. So she walked into his office, shut the door and told him "People here hate you, NOBODY likes you, and neither do I. I'm just going to quit." She got an immidiate $5k bonus with another $5k promised if she was still there in 12 months - and no more weekends. Her current boss just told her to write up a proposal Sunday - said it would be real easy. She told him, if it was that easy, he could just do it himself. She didn't work that Sunday and hasn't been asked again, yet she still gets promoted and more responsibilities. Somehow - it works for her. 8)

Getting really excited about the trip now. I'll be checking the camping gear on Monday. I'll have to clean the boat up soon too - that black carpet shows every piece of dirt. Still haven't painted any of the exposed wood in the boat.

How many will be there on Friday night?

I'll be there set up friday around noon. I usually grab one of the white oak sites, they are set up where you can beach your boat right at your campsite.

I'll be there around dinner time Friday night. Thinking 6-630ish.
My youngest (22) may be coming with me too.

I still need to confirm my buddy and his friend are coming.

I'll bring firewood for Saturday night.

Every time I've camped there its been at the youth group sites.

Ill also be checking my camping gear this week, and gettni gthe boat ready.

I too am getting stoked about this trip.

Still too early for the 10 day forecast, however the monthly averages for Aud 20-22 is a high of only 83, and night time lows of 62.

Solar lunar calendar,
https://www.in-fisherman.com/solunar-calendar
Looking like we dont have the best weekend of the month, however the mornings seem to be the best times.

If past history is an indication of future results, the best weekend of the month will be when I am there! I say that in all seriousness. When my wife and I camp, we have a 100% record of drawing rainy weather. This is a TEN YEAR record! The ONLY times it has not rained on us has been when we camped with other people. If we are 'on our own' it rains - period.

Now I like fishing around rainy weather - the fish seem to bite a bit more readily, especially if it is cloudy. And it's easier for me to find fish anywhere as they are out of their sunny day hideouts. I keep 4 different sets of rain-gear in the boat, just for the rainy days. In fact, the last time I planned a fishing trip, we received 14 inches in about 2 hours. I was on the water when the storms started :? But we were catching fish! :D

Had a dream last night about fishing at Evergreen lake. It was one of those strange dreams where there were too many muskie and not enough bass biting. I was trying to find a lure that the muskie would leave alone so I could catch a 3 bass limit, and the muskie were everywhere and biting everything. Go figure, only a bass fisherman could want to NOT catch the 'fish of 10,000 casts' :roll:

From Larry's Fishing Hole - the latest report..

Lake about 1 foot below pool and slightly stained with water temps in Low-Mid 80's
- Jared says Bass are FAIR on plastics off points and lay downs with some topwater baits during early morning hours or late evening
- Bluegill were FAIR along weed lines on wax worms and crawler pieces.
- Catfish were FAIR with most being caught at night using liver and dip baits
- Crappie are FAIR on minnows suspended midway in 20-25 ft. of water.

po1 said:
I'll be there set up friday around noon. I usually grab one of the white oak sites, they are set up where you can beach your boat right at your campsite.

Couple of questions for you.

Can you boat at night?
Can you dock your boat in your campsite, the walk-in only sites, 119, 119a, etc.
Which sites in the primitive area can you beach your boat for the night?
Do you know if the docks by site #39 have a ramp?

What Im thinking is swinging by Wasilvers and dropping off the supplies (fiewood, dutch oven, tri-pods, etc.) for Saturday nights dinner. Launching the boat and beaching it in my campsite. Leave my truck in the parking lot all weekend. Fishing Saturday, boat to the Wasilvers (docks by site #39), dinner and boating back to my campsite for the night. Figured I'd load up all my camping gear in the boat and use it as my mode of transportation all weekend.

Good question, I'd like to know if I could beach my boat at the campsite. I picked it because it looked like it might be possible.

You can boat and fish all night at evergreen. Some of the best walleye and muskie fishing is in the predawn hours. Most of the walkin sites that are on the beach you can beach your boat. Most of the the white oak sites you can beach the boat to, there's only a few of the sites that I wouldnt because of the landscape and getting to the boat would be a pain (site 8 and 9 are bad) I usually grab site 7 if its avail (the old creek canel right off of it is a good spot that I like). There is no ramp at the dock that's by site 39 and that dock is always over crowded with people tying thier boats off there. I always camp in the white oak sites, there are paths that you can walk to the campsites but most people I know load all the camping gear in the boat and head to the site beaching the boat at the campsite.

Excellent, thanks po1. Couple more questions for you. I'd really like to go Scout them out before the event, however I doubt I'll be able too.

How much does it cost a night at the White Oak sites?

Other than 8 & 9, are there others to avoid?

Hows sitees 5 & 6? Do they have a breeze in the evening?

Do the White Oak sites have picnic tables?

Do they have fire rings?

wasilvers,

Couple of questions for you.

I see on the first page the tournament starts at 6:30am and runs to 3:30pm.
Are we meeting in advance someplace, your campsite, the boat dock?
Preregistration? or registration the morning of?

I need a head count of those planning on eating the fish fry Saturday night.
Menu- Fish
French Fries
Corn either canned or on the cob.
Dutch Oven cobbler.
All cooked over an open campfire.

Hanr3,
I've haven't camped at 5 or 6 but they have several nice sites. I always check in at the main site at the office to see whats avail then drive over to the white oak parking section by where the trails are then I'll walk the sites to see which one is in the best shape then call in to the office to tell them which one I'm taking. They all have picinic tables and fire rings, but the condition of the picinic tables vary year from year. They sell alot of fire wood there but their prices are a little high and they frown on picking up dead wood so I bring some in or when I'm at the office I buy it then and load it in the boat. The best site is I believe its 14 it has an old dock by it. It's usually one of the first to go. It's somewhere around $15 to camp the walkin sites. The white oak sites are the last to fill up and I've always seemed to get a spot over there. Most people will camp at the main access due to easy access to the showers and restrooms. There's only one outhouse at the white oak sites and its on top of the hill by the white oak ramp. Thats around a mile to walk the trail or 5 minutes to the dock by boat.

Thanks po1.
I like that plan, and will be doing the same.

I spent an hour of so today creating my camping gear list, menu, and budget for the weekend. Im getting stoked!!!!!

Latest posts