Which Prop for 1970 20HP Johnson Seahorse

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't gotten it yet - it should be here tomorrow (wednesday) and I'll try it out hopefully that night or Thursday before I leave for a week long military vacation....

russ010 said:
I haven't gotten it yet - it should be here tomorrow (wednesday) and I'll try it out hopefully that night or Thursday before I leave for a week long military vacation....

Where you headed to Russ?

back to my base in South Carolina.. we've got a mock mission going on. I haven't had a good trip in a looong time.... but I get to go to New Orleans for 10 days November (with only 2 days of work) for some dog and pony show about our equipment

russ010 said:
back to my base in South Carolina.. we've got a mock mission going on. I haven't had a good trip in a looong time.... but I get to go to New Orleans for 10 days November (with only 2 days of work) for some dog and pony show about our equipment

Nice - You should really enjoy that, too bad the ocaen is ruined down there.

I got the new prop in yesterday, but didn't have a chance to put it on or even take it out of the box... I'll do that tonight, but it will be a while before I get back on the water since I'll be doing military all next week.

But - for those of you looking for props, I just found this site. Wish I had seen it earlier last week when I ordered.

https://www.propcopropellers.com/

Thanks for the link, they are cheap. Don't wanna highjack or anything but what do you think light load is? like my boat loaded with myself is right at 700-800ish, You think that would be light load?

I don't know what they consider light load... but I know they told me I needed a heavy load (9 x 9) for my boat.
I've got 3 batteries, about 100lbs of wood/accessories, 50lb trolling motor, me (185lbs), gas (40-50lbs), and the boat itself (320-350lbs) - this equals about 930-950lbs, and that 9x10 prop pushes me at a top speed of 18-19mph according to my fish finder GPS. When I get another person in the boat, the weight goes up another 200-250lbs - I guess that is what they consider a heavy load.

I'm going to get the prop put on tomorrow (I'm taking the boat to South Carolina with me), so I'll hopefully try it out tomorrow afternoon with another person in there with me to see how it does

Latest posts