Why blur out reg. numbers?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, I figure my name & address info is all over the place. In fact I posted a while back that my personal info on my state's fish & wildlife site was hacked. Phone number is out there too based on the number of scam calls I get. Doesn't mean I hand it out willy nilly of course.

Seems to be a weekly occurrence that I get a letter from some company or entity that they were hacked and got my info. Got one this weekend from HCA health care. I seem to take care of my info pretty well but not as much for other companies. I did get pick pocketed when I was in Rome, Italy last year and they got all my ID and such. Thankfully not my cell phone. Had everything cancelled and reordered in less than 10 minutes and continued with the trip using alternate ID's and CC and such. Also turned on LifeLock and credit freeze. Never carry everything with you. Never had any issues from that so far. If you are on the internet in any way someone has at the very least some of your info!

Some good points made here. We can't be too careful these days. Yet, it's a bit paranoid to think somebody is going to go to great lengths to trace our old tin boats down even if by some miracle they can find out your name and addy off the numbers on the bow. Silly idea IMO. Same with a car. Thieves don't need to go to put in all that effort when they can just cruise the streets until they find the model they want.

Some good points made here. We can't be too careful these days. Yet, it's a bit paranoid to think somebody is going to go to great lengths to trace our old tin boats down even if by some miracle they can find out your name and addy off the numbers on the bow. Silly idea IMO. Same with a car. Thieves don't need to go to put in all that effort when they can just cruise the streets until they find the model they want.
But they aren't necessarily after your car or boat. The more information they can find out about you, the easier it is to access other financial or security or personal things in your life.