Wiring Box?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mojo^

Reaction score
I've seen pictures (can't remember where) where some folks have made a wiring box of sorts. Kind of like a small tackle box with wooden dividers inside where they mounted all of their bus bars, circuit breakers and such rather than mounting them on structure. It's kind of a neat idea and I was wondering if anyone here have seen or done something similar. Some pictures would be great! Thanks.

I think a couple guys used things like Otter boxes, water tight Plano boxes, and maybe a Pelican case if I remember correctly.

Hardest part is getting the wires in and keeping it sealed (silicon works wonders) after that it's however you want to lay out the panel.

I think I found something better, a waterproof polycarbonate enclosure from polycase.com. Found some even better (cheaper) ones at enclosurehub.com but of course I had already ordered from the other site. I'll let you know how this works out.

Mojo^ - I am thinking along the same lines as you, there was a posting here where a guy used a electrical outlet/switch cover with an opaque front from Home Depot, I bought one, they go for around $15.00 then I went to Wal Mart and in their fishing/Camping area, they had small waterproof storage boxes so I am in the process of moding one to use for my Switches, fuses and Bus Bars, the box cost about $10.00 My current plan is to start wiring this weekend so hopefully I will post the information on how it went soon. - Good Luck, will wait to see how yours went also - Chris

Latest posts