Wiring Diagram

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truckmechanic

Reaction score
Well, I am about to start rewiring. I have came up with this roughs sketch of a wiring diagram. Please look it over and see if you notice any problems or suggestions.

Boatwiring.jpg

Looks good

But i would use no smaller than #8 for tm.
Look at the size wire on the tm ?You don't want to much smaller than it is if any because you are increasing the distance.
just my 2 cents. Other than that looks good

look what i did with picture.you have to put fuse or breaker in between electronic. .

Attachments

• elc plan 3.jpg
    elc plan 3.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 785
larlarsa said:
look what i did with picture.you have to put fuse or breaker in between electronic. .

you don't "have" to.. it's suggested, but it's still going to work if you don't do it.

the trolling motor and fishfinder are what I would do... but then again, my fishfinders are the only things on my boat that has fuses

if you dont use fuse on other electronic,than dont need to use on FF and TM too. :twisted:

Everything will be fused. My switch panel is also a fuse panel. My trolling motor uses a 40 amp breaker( it actually calls for a 50 but all I could find when I installed it was a 40 and it has never kicked so I continue to run it) My FF will have a inline fuse. I just forgot to put them in my diagram. I am also going to have a 25 amp going to my switch panel.

larlarsa said:
if you dont use fuse on other electronic,than dont need to use on FF and TM too. :twisted:

it's all personal preference... but a $700 fishfinder & a $700 TM is harder to replace than a $5 light :mrgreen:

Latest posts