wiring

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis91

Reaction score
Well i tore into the wiring of my boat today and i think i opened a can of worms.. my boat has been sitting out in the elements for like 10 years so all the switches were shot i think im going to leave the wiring and put all new switches and connections. It has a 5 gang switch panel. but i want to upgrade to a 6 so i can fit a few more switches( 2 of my 5 are accessory that arent being used. I think i might redo the wiring because i want my battery up under a front seat instead of in the back. ill take a pic of my boat to explain. whats the cheapest route to get a new switch panel?

Travis91 said:
Well i tore into the wiring of my boat today and i think i opened a can of worms.. my boat has been sitting out in the elements for like 10 years so all the switches were shot i think im going to leave the wiring and put all new switches and connections. It has a 5 gang switch panel. but i want to upgrade to a 6 so i can fit a few more switches( 2 of my 5 are accessory that arent being used. I think i might redo the wiring because i want my battery up under a front seat instead of in the back. ill take a pic of my boat to explain. whats the cheapest route to get a new switch panel?
Travis, I bought a SeaSense panel with 3 switches and a power socket. They make a 4 switch and a 6 switch model. It seems to be fairly well made but I'm far from an expert on electrical. Thankfully there are some forum members that know this stuff and are happy to help.

Yeah, it was about that. I also think iBoats carries them. The ones at BPS (aren't SeaSense) have bad reviews, so I took a chance on this one. It isn't installed yet, so who knows. It looks pretty good. There are couple of home made ones on here that look great, but that is beyond my electrical skills. :lol:

Latest posts