Wonderful time of year.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr.fish

Reaction score
Its that time of year again. The water is warming, the fish are getting more active, and that dam ice is finally history. Since my job required me to live out of state once again, my time on the water has been very limited in the last month. So finally I made a free weekend to target every specie that was willing to bite.
Saturday morning started out more or less exploring some new areas of my local river. I was after some smallies, but couldn't buy a bite. However, I was lucky enough to hook up with a fater largemouth on one of my homemade jigs.
20"
Picture1652.jpg

I quit early, and headed home for some lunch, and sleep, and by early afternoon I was back at it. I deceided to head down philly for some walleye or possibly some striper action. The first hour was slow, but once the sun started to set, the bite was on. I hooked up 4 fish, but only banked 2. A small hybrid, and an even smaller walleye. Every one around me was hooking up on much bigger stripers which was very frustrating.
Picture1656.jpg

Picture1658.jpg

Sunday started out very early for me. I walked some bank and gave a local stretch of river a hammering. I started out with some jigs, with no bites. I switched up some tackle, and got back at it with some plastic craws, texas rigged, and immediately began hooking up. I was working baits pretty slow considering the water temps were in the high 40's, until I noticed a nice smallie chasing my bait down as I began to retrieve it faster at my feet. I casted out again and worked my baits much faster this time, which seem to produce better strikes. Just about all the smallies I caught were dinks, except for a fater one to 19"
Picture1660.jpg

Way to go mr.fish, glad to see your back posting up some of your chunks. Way to go dude =D>

Latest posts