wooden runabout seats.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craveman85

Reaction score
Anyone have pictures of wooden seats in an aluminum runabout? Not plain bench seats like a fishing boat but a more custom seat with a back and maybe armrests. I was thinking of building something sodden in my queen Merrie when I get to that point and I'd like it to match my cedar floor I'm putting in.

Check out wooden boat building sites, they usually have kits you can build from.

............. Edited for better photos ...............

I moved the factory bench seat brackets up about 1.5" for more comfort. fits great.
not a fishing machine by any means, but is fun just to run around in. seats are very comfortable.

oh, you mentioned a cedar floor ..... I am quite sure you can make the seats out of the same
cedar and it will look AWESOME !!! As you can see, I used 1x4 and 1x3 boards with STAINLESS
screws and Gorilla Glue.

There are many sealing oils on the market for all types of wood.
Do your research and see what suits your project the best.

If you do not store your boat out of the sun, you may have to re-oil
the wood every year to maintain its durability.

I would really like to see it when you are finished with it !!!!

Attachments

• boat seats 003.JPG
    boat seats 003.JPG
    224.8 KB · Views: 189
  • boat seats 001.JPG
    boat seats 001.JPG
    182 KB · Views: 189
  • boat seats 002.JPG
    boat seats 002.JPG
    266.6 KB · Views: 189
  • boat seats 004.JPG
    boat seats 004.JPG
    179.4 KB · Views: 189
  • seat brackets.jpg
    seat brackets.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 188
It will definitely be made of cedar like the floor. I was thinking of finishing with teak oil like my picnic table which is just plain pine and holding up nicely after a few years.

Latest posts