your favorite .22 ....rifle AND pistol

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like the quality and accuracy of the CZ rimfire rifles. you might enjoy the following review.
https://wildedtx.blogspot.com/2008/12/old-time-classic-rimfire-rifles.html

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349223027.761986.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1349223050.828950.jpg
Right here's where it's at fellas. Old rusty Browning 22 found under the back seat of my truck. This guns older than me and missing the rear sight but shoots like a dream. Easily the truest shot I've ever experienced in a 22.

with all the 22's I have had the privilege to own, my favorite was one of my first pistols.. It was a H & R 999. That's a 9 shot revolver, double action...A blacksmith in my small little Kansas home town begged me to let him make a 10" barrel for it and I finally did... It was wonderful. only slightly heavy but shot like a rifle...I finally just wore the thing out. I also love my old Western Field 22 LR. its almost as old as I am but still very accurate . At 72 I still see well enough to get a squirrel out of the top of a Sycamore tree.
peace.

Have two favorites. Marlin Model 60 (my first firearm) and the Ruger 10/22 which I have one tricked out on a Archangel AR style stock. As for a .22 pistol, I love the Heritage single action revolver with the interchangeable cylinder for .22 LR and .22 Mag.

countryboy210 said:
Marlin, Lever Action, Scoped, Model 39 AS, A Real Tack Driver. It Will Shoot A Mixed Tube Of Shorts, CB's, Long & Long Rifle Ammo Out Plinking With No Hickups At All.
I Love It, 8) Squirrels Fear It :shock: .

Well, I was gonna say the same exact thing, but **** if somebody didn't already beat me to it! #-o

I concur 100%!! I have a Model 39A golden takedown model, outstanding little rifle. It will digest EVERYTHING, even shotshells. I shoot mine with iron sights, though. I do have an 880SQ with a scope, it's also a very accurate rifle, at 50 yards, shooting 22 CB's, I can break 3/8" wooden dowels stuck in the ground.

My other Marlin lever actions include an 1894 cowboy model in 357 mag, with octagonal barrel...and a Marlin 1894 guide gun in 44 Magnum, with the 16 inch ported barrel.

ALL rifles made by Marlin are excellent rifles!

Henry lever action golden boy with the octagonal barrel. So smooth and an absolute blast to shoot. CCI sub-sonics aren't any louder than a BB gun.

Ruger Mark III with a red dot scope. Also a super fun gun.

Another vote for the S & W K-22 Masterpiece, Model 17 (6 inch barrel). My dad taught me to shoot pistols with this gun and I still have it. About time to gift it to another shooter-to-be.

My favorite has to be the Winchester mod 61 pump 22 S, L, & LR that my dad gave me several years back. He bought it new and shot it so much that I had to have a few parts replaced because of wear. I had the gunsmith reblue it while he had it and I retouched the wood. I prefer it over my Ruger 10/22 or my Marlin 25N bolt action when it comes to accuracy.

DSC00349_zps18afef68.jpg

As for pistols, I traded my Ruger single six with dual cylinders a while back and currently have these two.

A Walther P22. Lots of fun to shoot even if it's not very accurate with it's stubby little barrel.

DSC00347_zps24b562b7.jpg

And a Browning Buck Mark Camper in green with bull barrel and laminated grips.

DSC00348_zpsc302d6bc.jpg

The Browning was a gift from a friend. He bought it several years ago and it has never been fired. I really want to take it out and see how it shoots but have been unable to bring myself to fire it so far. I keep hearing this little :twisted: voice in my ear saying "shoot me".

I like the pattern of the wood stock on that bolt action! Very nice looking.

Also, the Walther P22, great little gun, isn't it? I have one in my collection, too, along with its big brother, the Walther P99.

Look at the beretta neos. It's a pistol and it can convert to a rifle. I've got the pistol and love it.

PSG-1 said:
Also, the Walther P22, great little gun, isn't it? I have one in my collection, too, along with its big brother, the Walther P99.

Yea, the P22 is nice although my hands are a little large for the gun. I also like the fact that there are a lot of mods showing up for the P22. And it comes with the barrel already threaded for adding a suppressor. :mrgreen: I have noticed that it can be particular about what ammo it wants or else you put up with a lot of jams/hangs. I polished the feed ramp and slide, and reworked the hammer face on mine to help eliminate some of the jamming.

OhSoEasy said:
Look at the beretta neos. It's a pistol and it can convert to a rifle. I've got the pistol and love it.

I just finished mounting and sighting a scope on a U22 Neos for the same friend that gave me the Buck Mark pistol. Very nice gun.

JMichael said:
PSG-1 said:

Yea, the P22 is nice although my hands are a little large for the gun. I also like the fact that there are a lot of mods showing up for the P22. And it comes with the barrel already threaded for adding a suppressor. :mrgreen: I have noticed that it can be particular about what ammo it wants or else you put up with a lot of jams/hangs. I polished the feed ramp and slide, and reworked the hammer face on mine to help eliminate some of the jamming.

Mine has the threaded barrel, as well as the barrel extension and the fake compensator/counterweight, which I find unnecessary and bulky. It's just unfortunate that in order to own something like a suppressor or a full-auto weapon, requires surrendering 4th amendment rights, which is why I don't own any such devices or weapons, nor will I ever own them, as long as the 1934 NFA laws exist.

That said, Walther makes excellent guns, with innovative designs. For example, going way back to the Walther P-38, if you look closely at it, the design is very similar to that of the Beretta M-9, which came about many years after the P-38.