Zoom Trick Worms

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
woooo weeee!

Bubble Gum is the bomb down here during the spawn.. I rig it weightless/weedless on a 2/0 offset hook (not ewg hook)...

They literally go crazy for it.

Here's another secret of mine... I use them for finesse too - I cut them in half and put them on shakey heads... I also cut cut the thick half (new tail of the cut worm) and I'll cut about 5-6 THIN slits in it - kinda makes it look like a long slender tube..

I love Zoom Trick Worms. They are my go to bait. They are killer when you fish them weightless! :D

Here are the colors I have...

100_4897.jpg

zoom trickworms r my favorite i use watermelon seed and i rig them weightless but when the bass are a little deaper ill use a weight

ACarbone624 said:
I love Zoom Trick Worms. They are my go to bait. They are killer when you fish them weightless! :D

100_4897.jpg
looks like u like trickworms asmuch as my dad he has about 50 bags of them lol but there all watermelon seed i mostly use watermelon seed but i have used white and it worked just as well

Waterwings said:
I've used the black ones, and only caught a total of 1 fish with it. However, when I use a Black/Blue Shakit https://www.basssnacks.com/ I do much better as far as catching. Any of you guys ever use the Zoom Merthiolate color worms? A friend of mine swears by them, but I've never caught anything on them either.

Here's the Merthiolate color: https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descpageSFWZOOM-ZTW.html#
i used that Merthiolate color 2 it didnt work very well for me
:(

I don't use them, but the Zoom Merthiolate might be great in really stained water.

One of my favorite plastics! Always a consistent fish catcher. I use a bunch of colors like Bubblegum, Watermelon/Red, Pumpkinseed/Chartreuse Tail, and Junebug. I hear White is killer though!

My favorite technique, well actually techniques, are texas rigging and weightless/wacky. When the water is calmer and shallower, or the circumstances call for a slower-sinking and more finesse technique, the weightless rig is perfect for this. The super slim body of the Trick Worm allows for super eratic darting action. If you want a more aggressive senko-type lure, try this lure weightless. They are truly slow sinking though. For a little added "flare," try the wacky rig. Occasional twitching with the tip-of-the-rod jerk is the perfect technique IMO.

Texas rigs are for a more aggressive presentation, where you need the bait to sink slower or in faster moving water. I like a 3/0 EWG offset hook. Don't use too heavy of a weight, the natural undulation of the bait needs to come out which will be hindered by an overly heavy weight. So go as light as possible.Of course, what weight you use is subjective and totally up to you, so experiment. Generally, you can cover more water with the texas rig, and faster too.

Although, these are just general rules of thumb. Sometimes the difference between a full livewell and an empty one is switching it up and doing something unexpected.

Try out the trickworm, they are extremely versatile lures that can be used for almost any presentation. I would suggest one pack of flashy color trickworms (bubblegum comes to mind), and one pack of natural, earthy colored trickworms (watermelon and watermelon/red are promising).

And WaterWings, I love Basssnacks! To boot, Joe S. is a GREAT guy to deal with!
A little story: About two years ago, when I frequented the Basspro forums (wow, haven't been there in AGES), I contacted Joe and asked if he still carried the BeavIts, which were not listed on his site. He said they had been discontinued. Well, my birthday came around soon, and I ordered 2 sets of trailers (Green Pumpkin and Black 2") and 2 sets of ShakIts (Black/Blue Flake and Green Pumpkin). When the package came (I think) 2 days later, inside was my order, PLUS he had found all the BeavIts he could find and put them together for me in assorted colors (about a dozen), PLUS a pack of 10 FinessIts in Green Pumpkin. This was a couple months BEFORE he even put the FinessIts on his website, so I think I was the first ever to use his FinessIts. Truly a great guy, and on the invoice included, he even wrote me a handwritten note saying "Happy Birthday Dave!" Truly a great guy!

FYI, this was before he was "Bass Snacks." His company was called "Joe's Jig Trailers" back then, but he changed the name because his baits weren't just jig trailers anymore.

ACarbone624 said:

100_4897.jpg

now i had a few questions pop up in my head,,,
1. i see you have all these worms in ur plastic thingy,, how long are they good for, do they get hard after a while??
2. do they bleed (color)

i left a couple of worms out of the bags, but in the plastic thingys, and they get hard for a while!!

now i try to go fishing every week, but it doesnt happen ,, its more like every 2 weeks now!!

another words how long is the life in the plastic thingys compare to its own bag??

kemical said:
ACarbone624 said:

100_4897.jpg

1. i see you have all these worms in ur plastic thingy,, how long are they good for, do they get hard after a while??
2. do they bleed (color)

i left a couple of worms out of the bags, but in the plastic thingys, and they get hard for a while!!

now i try to go fishing every week, but it doesnt happen ,, its more like every 2 weeks now!!

another words how long is the life in the plastic thingys compare to its own bag??
I put most of my plastics in tackleboxes (plastic thingys lol). I never really had a problem, most people don't recommend doing this as scent will be lost or spread. So I keep all my prescented baits in their bags organized in a tackle binder. As long as the tacklebox says wormproof, you shouldn't have a problem with bleeding colors.

I have never done well with the traditional trick/floating worm technique in the pre-spawn, but I still use them fairly often. They can be killer when rigged on a spot remover jighead for river smallies. Years ago I used chartreuse strike king 3x floating worms with great succes for pickerel. I have yet to have great success with pink worms, which I know a lot of people that swear by them :?

kemical said:
ACarbone624 said:

100_4897.jpg

2. do they bleed (color)

I've had them in that 3700 box since last summer when I bought my new tackle bag and they haven't dried out and are like new. I don't really notice any difference.

I found that if I keep them separate like in that box, they do not bleed. White will pick up any color that it is mixed in with. I have had red plastics of other brands bleed so I keep them separate.

Waterwings said:
ACarbone624 said:
I don't use them, but the Zoom Merthiolate might be great in really stained water.

That's the only kind of water I have here (stained/muddy) and no hits yet, but one day I may catch a biggun on it, lol. [-o<

I have the opposite problem...most of our waters are super clear...not much stained water around here.