14' Crestliner Viking refresh

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL I'm watching Forrest Gump..."Yea eva been ona shrimp boat? Noooo, but ive been ona real big boaaaaat"

Thanks everyone for the motivation. I've worked with my hands, carpentry, mechanics, engineering books(three semesters). I guess you could say that I'm a jack of all trades...master of none :-(

Kismet.
Thanks, It will be easier to follow the more work I can get done. My wife is pregnant...and moody, so I get yelled at everytime I go down to work on the boat, but I'll try to keep posted. I've got the fire centered under my A$$, fish are starting to bite!!! We found out its a girl, so I'm thinking of naming it after her, and I'll give it to her one day, that is if she's interested in fishing... :roll:

Thanks capt mike

And as per Kismet's request...

Do we have a resident wiring expert here? How does this wiring diagram look? The gauges are listed on each wire. I'm still unsure about the size of fuses to use, ill have to look them up on each device. Also, will the motor charge the battery if its hooked up on the positive buss bar as shown? Sorry for the newb questions, I just don't have a lot of experience with wiring.

First off when you say master switch what do you mean? Something like a main perko style switch?
If so then what I see that I don't like is the positive lead of the motor going to the positive buss. I would move that to the master switch. I use a circuit breaker and I put that between the battery and main switch.
I'm not saying this is how it has to be done, its just what I like to do.
After that I think it is fine.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=349372#p349372 said:
huntinfool » Yesterday, 21:59[/url]"]
I don't use a positive buss bar. I attach all my positive leads to this switch.

Thanks huntinfool,

Yes, I will be using a perko style switch, I think I fixed the diagram according to your responses. I'm assuming, do I need to put all of the positive wires on the output side of the switch ?

I got a little work done yesterday. I bent the rear transom plate, drilled some holes, and sealed it all up. This is the first time ive worked with 5200, and wow!! This is some sticky stuff!!! As you can see I got a little carried away with it...

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=349901#p349901 said:
rscottp » less than a minute ago[/url]"]Framing looks really sturdy!

Thanks rscottp,

Does anyone have any insight on using steelflex on the interior? I was thinking of using my steel flex on the interior of the boat, gluviting the seams on the outside, and painting so it wont fade, and it will be easier to paint later?

Seems like most guys use the steel flex on the outside and the gluvit on the inside. I used gluvit inside and out, I put the gluvit inside first and it sealed up my leaks, used it on the outside just as a precaution.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=349908#p349908 said:
rscottp » Yesterday, 22:07[/url]"]Seems like most guys use the steel flex on the outside and the gluvit on the inside. I used gluvit inside and out, I put the gluvit inside first and it sealed up my leaks, used it on the outside just as a precaution.

Hows it holding up? I didn't really have a leak, the seems were wet looking after I get in the water for a few minutes, and then it stops.

I did the area I had the leaks last year during the season. I didn't do the prep as good as I should have but it seems to be holding up pretty well. It has chipped off in a couple spots but nothing major. When I do it again I will only do seams and rivets, last year I did seams and rivets then a second coat over the entire thing which I think increases the likely hood that it will crack. Still no leaks though!

Great looking boat! I don't know if I overlooked it but what are the specs? Length, beam, floor, etc...

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=350121#p350121 said:
Begeti » Today, 11:26[/url]"]Great looking boat! I don't know if I overlooked it but what are the specs? Length, beam, floor, etc...
Its a 14' crestliner viking with a 63" beam. Idk remember what the transom length is. I can look it up next time im in the garage

Got a little work done. I almost put a hole on my hand today... #-o =D>
My assy battery box in the rear

I reinforced the front end where the trolling motor will be sitting

The front battery boxes, I built two so that I may use 2 29 series in parrallel later, right now i just have one 27 series.

I added the aluminum wall to keep foam from working its way into the rear, and added a couple supports