1987 Bass Tracker MV-16 Remodel. First project.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you remove the wet wells, if not how did you replace the carpet in this area.

Jim

bigwave said:
Get a bunch of your friends and lift it off the old fashioned way, then support it buy using 2x6 and concrete blocks. Make sure you have a case of beer for their efforts.
Well a Case of Monsters or something, Lol I'm only 17.

jimloy said:
Did you remove the wet wells, if not how did you replace the carpet in this area.

Jim

Wet Wells you mean live wells right? There is 2 on the boat, I just ripped off the carpet, and replaced it with new, used Carpet glue and contact cement.

Hey guys, Kind of a big update for the boat I guess, Firstly I scraped off a ugly bass tracker sticker on the front of my console, and we got the boat off the trailer to prep it, get it welded, new bunks, maybe rolls, and carpeted. Here's some pics.

Scrapping the sticker off.
sfcbo2.jpg

j10h7n.jpg

654i03.jpg

qpm8lv.jpg

Home made saw horses my dad was making when I got home from work.
2013-01-05_16-11-55_19_zps360c4944.jpg

Finished product, use a rolling car jack that some of the hydraulic fluid was out of so it could only lift up 6 inches. We had to use 2x4s and what not to lift it up. It was kind of risky how we did it. But now we can work on the trailer freely now. Getting the back steel support replaced because it's almost rusted through.
11bsrat.jpg

i6b0o5.jpg

35mje3o.jpg

2daazjr.jpg

Yeah we basically just made saw horses to hold it, the way we lifted it, was we used the trailer to support it until we got some 2 x 4s under it.
What do ya guys think?

I Did the same thing. Pretty smart. Good luck with your build

Thanks. We originally were planning on doing something like Jon boat jerry did, and we'd use a come along to hoist it up, but I got home from work and my dad was already doing it this way. So we went with it.

Make sure you got a good way to lift it, Like at least two people with car jacks and 2x4 to raise both sides, We did it with one and it was kind of dangerous.

Did mine nearly the same way. I wrapped the winch strap around the forward-most roller and then re-attached it to the bow eye. Using that roller as a pulley, I was able to crank the winch and pull the boat backwards on the trailer. I cranked the trailer jack all the way down, lifting up the back end, and made some sawhorses that slid just underneath the boat. When I cranked the jack back up, the trailer pivoted down, and the stern of the boat rested on the sawhorse. I then used the winch, but I wasn't moving the boat, I was pulling the trailer out from underneath it. When I got a decent distance away from the rear sawhorse, I slid the front sawhorse underneath, and pulled the trailer out. Fun job!

Yeah I had to stand there and steady the boat while my dad made the saw horse for the front, cause the saw horse he did make didn't work. So I had to steady the boat on a 2 x 4 on a car jack. That was fun lol. My arms were getting tired.

Been working on the boat, had the trailer welded by a friend of mine, painted it, and replaced the wood bunks, and we're planning on doing more. I will post pictures up shortly.

I like the saw horse design, I made mine too, the height you have yours is perfect for when you want to paint the hull, but I cut mine down when I started working on the deck and inside stuff....mine were way to high to work inside the boat without standing on a step ladder.

My buddy welded me a new back support for my trailer since it was rusting away.

Carpet on trailer

Putting the boat on

Boat on trailer

Looks really good... Any recent updates? Is your build totally done?

Maybe I'll see you on the Susky one of these days! Is the inflatable dam up yet?

Yeah the dam is up, I'm not completely done with it, I want to extend the front deck, so I might be doing that over the summer when I have time. I need to find the carpet first, cause this carpet was discontinued.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=315032#p315032 said:
Kochy » 17 May 2013, 08:42[/url]"]Yeah the dam is up, I'm not completely done with it, I want to extend the front deck, so I might be doing that over the summer when I have time. I need to find the carpet first, cause this carpet was discontinued.
Good Luck finishing it up! I know once you get it done, you'll want to do more! :lol:

I'll be out on the river Sunday and Monday... I'm going out of the Northumberland launch. =D>

Yeah. I gotta try to find my carpet that the manufacturer discontinued somewhere, so I can actually extend it, if I can't find it and use other carpet it's going to look like complete crap.

I launch out of the Norry Point launch, if that's the one you're talking about. There is barely any current there.

I might be going out Saturday morning. What kind of boat do you have?

Just had an electrical problem with the boat. Here is the link to the thread I posted in the electrical section, https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=30710&p=316091#p316091

It was the Aerator switch bridging positive and negative together, replaced the switch and everything worked perfectly. This winter, I will be re doing all the wiring. Putting in a Stereo, and some better aerators the circulate the water. And some 12v plugs for spotlights and what not. Also going to add a second battery in parrallel with the trolling motor battery for longer lasting time.

Plans for this winter; replace the console, put in a stereo and speakers, put a piece of shiny diamond plate up on the front covering that ugly sticker, put some more cigarette lighters in the boat, make the wiring look nicer and maybe even rewire it.

Latest posts