1987 Bass Tracker MV-16 Remodel. First project.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I'm not even done with it, I'm gunna be adding interior lights, Cigarette lighters, Livewell aerator and a stereo system to it, and what ever else I want lol.

quite a big job for a young man like yourself, but you can fix that thing up and use it forever. Good build and congratulations on a nice remodel.

Hi, nice build you got there. The carpet looks really great on the boat. If you don't mind me asking where did u get ur hinges from?

How fast does it go? An do you know the prop pitch? I have a similar boat an same motor. i am trying to figure out if mine is running tip top. Your rebuild looks great btw

Still debating on whether I want to start rewiring the boat or just improve the existing wiring. I'm also thinking about cutting out hatches in the front deck and putting the premade hatches that bass pro has, and putting them in the for access holes since I can't make hatches and have the carpet to do it, because the carpet on my boat is discontinued, sucks..

I am also going to buy a marine radio like ive been saying for the past year or two, just never got around to it yet!

I'm also looking at a possible build in a local junkyard of a Blue Finn Spectrum with a 50 hp Force Outboard. Its all there but its been sitting out in the whether for a bit of time, and the interior is in rough shape. I could get it for 400 bucks.

This thread might be closing up soon, I have a guy coming to look at her tomorrow, interested in buying her, I want to upgrade into a bigger tracker, possibly a Pro 18 Jet, (Looking at one.) I want some bigger a bit faster ( And something newer, because my friends now know one of my fishing mottos, "Stupid 80s piece of ****!" From whenever something would go right or whatever.) We have had everything fixed if it was broken so it is in tip top shape to sell so, yeah tonight might be the last night I have the ole' girl. I just want a jet drive basically so I can fish below the faber dam here in Sunbury. I cant really do that with my boat here, I mean I can but not everywhere.

This build is complete and is now history, I have sold my boat, and its now time to scour the depths of Craigslist and local ads for a new one! I'm going to try to get into something bigger, hopefully an 18 foot. Possibly a Jet. Looking at a 95 Tracker Pro 18 Jet. Anyone have any experiences with these?

You should build a jet john. They're more efficient than the outboard jets, and you can get in skinnier water. The Alumajet on here is a pretty perfect example of that. After I finish this boat, I might start a project on one of those for getting into the really skinny stuff chasing reds and digging oysters. Alot of places I like to fish get to be just ankle deep at low tide.

Upgraded to this beast.

2000 Lowe 180 WZ with a 115hp Johnson on it. 42 pound thrust Trolling motor. Boat is 18 feet long and forget the beam, like 77 or something like that.

zacksimpson said:
You should build a jet john. They're more efficient than the outboard jets, and you can get in skinnier water. The Alumajet on here is a pretty perfect example of that. After I finish this boat, I might start a project on one of those for getting into the really skinny stuff chasing reds and digging oysters. Alot of places I like to fish get to be just ankle deep at low tide.
Who told you an outboard jet won't run skinny?

Took the new boat out yesterday, I am very impressed and love the thing, I was running 60 to 65 mph down the river. I was having a blast and scared S***less, its quite an upgrade from a 45hp to a 115hp. I love it though.

Well the new boat has since been sold since the first summer I had it, I took it out 4 times, and I didn't even fish out of those 4 times. Sold it cause I had other things to put the money towards. I'm trying to find a boat to rebuild as a another project.

After about 4 to 5 years I'm back in the game with a Deep V center console 1989 Spectrum 17ft boat. I'll post pics up of it but I'm not doing a complete overhaul to it, might do some carpet and a few minor things thats about it.