Bustin' Bass

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The hatches are far superior in strength with the return lips.

Attachments

• 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    552.4 KB · Views: 1,028
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    543.6 KB · Views: 1,028
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    591.3 KB · Views: 1,028
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    600.4 KB · Views: 1,028
Bug,
Looking foward to paint. Will you list the materials you are gonna use to paint with. Put some color on that thing, get rid of the standard green.

Im using some inexpensive nason acrylic enamel paint, adding flatten-er to it to tone it down "I hope", using some 2 part urethane primer, gonna put it on good and thick in light coats of coarse, to help hide some of the bs, And then I used self etching aerosol cans from the paint supply store.

Today I got the pc 11 marine grade epoxy putty on to help cover up the crappy job that was done lining up the sheet to the existing seat/deck, I had it welded all the way across and got it ground down, then applied the pc 11 like bondo. Hope it work, I imagine I am goona be repairing cracks for the next 3 yrs anyhow due to insufficient material being left were the corners were welded etc.

How does that boatcover work? I cant see what's holding it up.

I was there today. Boat is starting to look a lot better. Canopy works nice the way Bugpac has it set up. Ya oughta stop by Brine. :D

Spent most of the day getting the boat in primer, Lot of scotch bright and masking. Gonna hit it with super fine scotch bright in the am and paint the green. Its way far from being a perfect paint job. Im concentrating most on the uprights, and the drip rails etc, as I likely will put something on the floor surface later on. Have to sand and pprime all the hatches as well yet.

Shot self etching primer, then some nason urethane primer over the top. Paint is acrylic enamel, I am adding flattener to it to dull it down, If it doesn't flat out enough i will super fine scotch bright the finish to dull it.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    572.9 KB · Views: 826
Color match was almost perfect, it isnt fully dry yet, I hoped the flattener would flatten a bit more, I am 99% certain I am going to grizzly grip the top surface to cover the crappy fabrication work, you can see every single spot, I emailed them about color matching haven't heard back, I may go with a gray, and leave a 1" border around all the edges. And I painted outside with a bit of wind today, Had to get it done or risk rain for the next 4 days. Still have to do the hatches/bulkhead.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    532.4 KB · Views: 802
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    548.1 KB · Views: 802
Haven't had a lot of free time, gonna paint the hatches tomorrow, and get some wiring etc done, will add some pics at the end of the weekend.

Making progress, I got all the hatches painted, and all but the rod lockers riveted on, got to order some more rivets, I got all the wires pulled and added a second piece of conduit to the opposite side. Picked up a second bass pro single bank charger for battery number 4 today.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    568.3 KB · Views: 727
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    570.4 KB · Views: 727
Also decided I will be going with this color grizzly grip on the flat deck surfaces, I decided to paint them first as I wanted all my drip rails, hatch edges etc green, the paint will make an excellent primer surface for the grizzly grip, I will run the da over the entire flat surface with 60 grit, wash it off and roll on the grizzly grip.

Attachments

• Capture4.PNG
    Capture4.PNG
    64.2 KB · Views: 727

Latest posts