Lowe 1648MV makeover (near complete)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally started the most dreaded part of this deal, the carpet. After a lot of looking around here's what a came up with. I think it'll work.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 2,154
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 2,154
floors installed

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 2,137
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 2,137
Thanks everyone. I owe all my ideas to this forum. Couldn't have gotten this far without it.

Rich,
this one's a late 80's model. What's yours? I haven't had this one in the water yet, but it won't be long now. I'm looking forward to seeing how it does. Is your factory deck up to the gunwales? If so, hows the stability while standing on the deck? What size TM do you have and how does it perform? Sorry for so many questions, just trying to get an idea how this ones gonna do. thanks

Carpet turned out real nice. Good luck on the build and keep the pics coming :mrgreen:

Bama bill, I'd like to answer all of your questions, but my boat is in TN and I am in TX. I'll be back in TN in a week or so. I don't want to guess and get it wrong.

I do remember that the front deck does not go all of the way up. It is stable as it us. I can't measure anything until I reach TN. Rich

I just bought the exact same boat w/50 Mariner. I have a 2070 Lowe that I primarily fish out of. I wanted something smaller to beat and bang around in rough areas hunting out of.

I got mine for a deal. I knew the guy and knew the motor was sound. The boat has been through a resurrection somewhat earlier. It had the middle seat removed so it is a complete open hull. The motor was converted from remote to tiller and they did a good job on that. My paint is pretty poor and it now has plywood flooring. It also has a wooden gunnel protector all the way around the sides and mod v that is pretty much shot.

The motor was a long shaft that they made a rigid jack plate to accommodate the difference in transom height. I bought the whole thing with the intent of using it as is, but the wiring, (lights etc.) looks like a birds nest. I am afraid I am going to crawl in it and when I come out I am going to have a rebuild thread started on here. LOL

I am not one that has to have a beauty queen but I am one that has to have everything in top operating condition. Luckily I am retired and have the time along with the shop with the tools to do the aluminum welding etc. I am probably going to gut it and completely rewire, flotation, aluminum tread plate false bottom, PVC gunnel protector and probably weld shut the assorted holes in the deck for the rod holders he had. To all that is done I'll probably have to throw some paint at it to keep it from looking like a spotted mule.

catfish,
sounds like you've got a pretty good project ahead of you. this one was usable when
I got it, but like you I need everything in good working order. Once I started I couldn't quit and you see where I'm at. I intend to tackle the wiring after I get the decking done. I really need a good schematic specific for this boat if you have any ideas. a member left me one on the Electicral forum, but it's not exactly what I need. I only intend to have two batteries (TM and starting), lites and a bilge.

rear seating

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 1,449
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 1,449
bguzik,
I just used 3/4 exterior from Lowes. it was like $36 a sheet. Applied
at least 3 coats of their Cabot spar varnish. I used a full gallon on all my pieces.

A lot of hours in this, but I'm pleased.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 1,409
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 1,409
Thanks bama! I'm in the middle of my build, and at the point of purchasing the material for the deck. I appreciate the reply! :D

Skiff,
Tempress, yeah..got em at bass pro in Birmingham. I was gonna get low backs, but the wife talked me into these. They're very comfortable.