Weldbilt 1752 build (Finally complete)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Parts are slowly trickling in and this is the latest. I decided to go a different way with my power distribution. Instead of the Blue Sea power/ground distribution block I went with a waterproof switch panel. Each switch is capable of 20 amps which eliminates the need for any relays, and the whole panel is capable of handling 45 amps continuously, which should be PLENTY. I'll be running LED nav and anchor lights, bilge pump, fish finder/GPS, LED headlights and maybe a stereo later on down the road. Even with all of this running at the same time I won't be pulling anywhere close to 45 amps.

IMG_20130515_084619_885_zps78ac0a74.jpg

IMG_20130514_214927_039_zpse62ea6b6.jpg

For your door, I used Florida Marine Plastics and John does some SERIOUSLY great work. I've got the door but holding off on the install until the boat is done at Sheilds; they started rigging this morning.

https://www.flmarineplastics.com/

GREAT quality work at a fair price.

This just came in a few minutes ago. Just realized I forgot to order the quick disconnect plate. Trolling motor plug is on its way, and I gotta pick up a circuit breaker.

This thing is really starting to come together, and for those of you who know I've been away from home for work since January, I may be coming home as soon as Friday!!!

Man it's coming together. Brought the boat to them last Thursday afternoon and they had one boat ahead of me that came in the same day. Brett had made mention of "wanting to start on Sunday".. I know all to well how busy they are on a Sunday and that won't happen and they're closed on Monday. Called Brett yesterday and they were just finishing up the boat that came in just before mine and he told me that they were starting to rig it this morning. We'll see, I may just take a drive over in the morning to "check up" on the progress. If they haven't touch it by chance then I'll be calling Parkway and I'll bring the boat to them tomorrow. I'm not playing, fish are biting and time is fish :mrgreen:

I don't blame you. I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!

A couple more parts came in today. Got the thru-hull fitting for my bilge pump mounted and the base for my anchor light.

IMG_20130515_174215_866_zps9f4db21a.jpg

IMG_20130515_174539_186_zpsbeb9d46f.jpg

It looks like the fitting is right up against aluminium, but I have about two inches of clearance.

IMG_20130515_174201_446_zps27525b8f.jpg

Somehow I'm gonna mount both my deep cycle batteries in the forward storage compartment. They fit PERFECT but I need to find a way for secure them. Battery box is too big, and so is a battery tray.

IMG_20130508_224535_507_zps28c6aee6.jpg

Hi Miles, I strongly recommend a battery box for safety in case the battery case leaks. Corrosion is an aluminum boats worst enemy. Up front is a great location for weight distribution. Your project is looking great. :) Jerry
DSC00232.jpg

What LED lights are planning on using for head lights? I'm planning on putting LED's on mine as well. I've been looking around the internet at marine grade, superbright LED's and honestly it seems a bit intimidating. Just wondering what you'd recommend.

Looks GREAT Miles and I'm with Jerry on the battery box etc. Even take your battery box and shorten it up if need be and you'll get them in there =D> =D>

Ok, so it's been a while since I've done anything with the boat...until today. I finally found time to mount my waterproof switch panel, and power distribution.

I used some 5200 to help fasten the power distribution to the 1/4" starboard, then screwed it down.

I also rewired the switch panel to bypass the glass fuses. This also did away with the daisy chain wiring they had on there. All the switches were SPST on the panel and to make room for more stuff down the road I replaced two of the switches. One is a DPDT for the nav/anchor lights. This allows me to have the ON-OFF-ON function without splicing a diode in. The other is a SPDT ON-OFF-ON for the bilge pump.

The power distribution is mounted with two 1/4-20 bolts. Notice the upper right corner I coiled the leads for the other 4 switches to keep them out of the way until I need them.

DPDT switch all wired up

If the switch panel appears to be crooked it is...well I discovered the whole console is not straight, so I did the best I could with what I had lol.

I took some pics of the lights but they don't show up well, so I'll take some low light pics when/if this rain lets up. Anyway, that's all for now. Hope everyone enjoyed their 4th. I was doing my best not to float away with all the rain we got..

Looks great.

I will suggest from all sorts of experience to get a grab rail loop mounted to the console. It makes moving about the boat a lot easier.

What are you doing for seats and seating?

OK fellas, here's a better pic of the nav lights. These things are BRIGHT AS HELL! Didn't realize they were 2nm lights, but oh well.

While I was wiring the console I noticed some stress cracks in the corners on the bottom...perfect timing! All that work for nothing. I'll be replacing this cheap-o console with one that is custom made to my liking.