$1.00 Moeller Snap-Tite Drain Plugs

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stove Iron

Reaction score
Defender Marine has Moeller Snap-Tite Aluminum 1" drain plugs for $1.00 each.

I was in the market to replace some 11 year drain plugs and stumbled upon this deal. Drain plugs are probably the most important items in our tinboat and at this price, you could afford to have a few spares. Last I checked, Defender had 130+ in stock.

https://www.defender.com/product3.jsp?name=moeller-marine-snap-tite-drain-plug&path=-1|215570|294|2345903&id=6886334

I didn't see a "Deals" thread or the like, so move if necessary.

What fun is having extra plugs? ;) Always had to whittle one out of a tree branch for those back country "community boats" on Canadian lakes. If it leaked a little, you couldn't tell from the other rivet leaks. :D Sorry, not trying to derail, but it made me reminice.

I hope everyone has spares !!! In my 60 years of boating, I have had to use spare plugs on many ocassions, sometimes to help others!!! I carry 3-4 extras at all times...when the rubber begins to rot/dry out, the plugs can slip out fairly easy...

Cool find!

FWIW I reviewed all the items on CLEARANCE and bought a ton of stuff! Even Pyrex ‘French Press’ coffee makers for $3 each! I’ll flip ‘em on eBay for $10-$15+ each, woo hoo!

… buy LOW, sell HIGH!

Thanks!

airshot said:
I hope everyone has spares !!! In my 60 years of boating, I have had to use spare plugs on many ocassions, sometimes to help others!!! I carry 3-4 extras at all times...when the rubber begins to rot/dry out, the plugs can slip out fairly easy...

Yep. Mine were on their way out. The rubber was checked and dry rotted. Compressing the nut only made it worse. Now I have plenty!

DaleH said:
Cool find!

FWIW I reviewed all the items on CLEARANCE and bought a ton of stuff! Even Pyrex ‘French Press’ coffee makers for $3 each! I’ll flip ‘em on eBay for $10-$15+ each, woo hoo!

… buy LOW, sell HIGH!

Thanks!

You're very welcome! Glad you found some deals to build up your boat fund.

DaleH said:
Cool find!

… buy LOW, sell HIGH!

Thanks!

Dale.....is that Pyrex glass or clear plastic on the French Press? I read polycarbonate, but didn't see any reference to Pyrex.