1.25.09 Susquehanna River WWD

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jl_rotary

Reaction score
I headed out to Brunners Island in hopes of some smallies. I arrived alittle after 6am, the water was still clear and river has risen abit. I started up near the parking lot and 1st cast I got bit and it spit the lure 2 ft in front of me. Took about a half hour to get hooked up again.
IMGP2408.jpg

15 minutes later a 15" eye :)
IMGP2409.jpg

The vehicles started showing up, it started to get crowded and I couldnt get another bite for the next hour, so I decided to move down river. I have an area in mind and start hiking down river to find 3 guys fishing the spot, so I just fish the area 50 yds up river from them. First up is this smallie then 2nd is another 15" eye
IMGP2411.jpg

IMGP2415.jpg

The other guys left so I moved down alittle and picked some more smallies and I always seem to snag one of these guys :angry:
IMGP2416.jpg

IMGP2440.jpg

IMGP2418.jpg

By this time its alittle after 11am and I want to grab a sandwich out of my car and fish up near the parking lot if its not too crowded, by the time I get to my car, there is only 2 other vehicles there, everyone left. So I grabbed a bite quick and had the whole area to myself. I found a hole where the smallies were hanging out and picked them off cast after cast :) The werent the piggys but they put up an awesome fight in the current. I got hit by one that I thought was a snag, but felt the head shake and started to pull then it popped loose, I actually think it was a striper.
IMGP2424.jpg

IMGP2427.jpg

IMGP2434.jpg

IMGP2437.jpg

IMGP2435.jpg

IMGP2419.jpg

IMGP2439.jpg

This one here was in bad shape, missing eye and 2 huge gashes on top.....wonder what happened? :confused: Boat prop maybe.
IMGP2433.jpg

IMGP2431.jpg

IMGP2432.jpg

I picked up quite a few lures today that were snagged in the rocks. Normally I dont bother, but today I grabbed a few :p
IMGP2442.jpg

I found out later why the parking lot was so empty, apparently the entrance was closed for awhile and they werent letting anyone in due to some construction going on. I got a pic of some of the work in progress.
IMGP2420.jpg

IMGP2422.jpg

Hey....thats my rattle trap :lol: Looks like another great day. Looks like that last smalliegot bit by a muskie, and got away :shock: Could be something else though. All of these reports from brunners is making me jealous, I gotta get back out there soooooooon. This weekend hoprfully if I don't have to work :x

Latest posts