12 foot aluminum boat rebuild

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdue151

Reaction score
hey all so i am new to the site and a new owner of sears 1975 12' aluminum v-hull boat. i wanted to sand off the old camo and add new paint. i would also like to add a deck from the front almost to the back....i would be using the boat for duck hunting and some fishing in small sloughs....can someone please help me with going about making a deck and taking off the paint and stuff....thank you!

Do a quick browse of the builds on this site and you'll gain tons of valuable information. If you're looking for something specific, use the search option. You'll have to decide what will work best for you and your set up. Once you decide, jump in and ask questions along the way. Welcome to the site and everyone here loves to see pictures of the projects as they go. Good luck.

I would first recommend you read the sticky on whether you should add a deck or not. I have a 12' and I feel comfortable standing up in the boat as is, but I would never put a deck in it. There are a lot of great ideas on here of things you can add.

yeah ive been thinking and i think im going to keep all the benches just get new wood for them,and add a seat so everybench has a seat(for duck hunting) and make rod holders out of pvc pipe around the back and make a compartment for the fuel tank and battery etc...

CodyPomeroy said:
I would first recommend you read the sticky on whether you should add a deck or not. I have a 12' and I feel comfortable standing up in the boat as is, but I would never put a deck in it. There are a lot of great ideas on here of things you can add.

I have a 12 foot v I am starting on finally as well.

Where is this sticky you speak of?

First off, :WELCOME: ! I agree with everyone else as far as the decking. I have a 1444 and its pretty solid. I've stood on a Tracker 1436 and didn't feel to comfortable with it. It really depends on how the boat sits in the water and how high the deck is. Anyone can deck out ANY boat, but if you can do it SAFELY is a totally different ball game. That sticky is a great start.

Latest posts