12' semi-V with a 15hp Evinrude.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ditchpickle

Reaction score
I found this boat on kijiji at the beginning of summer, got a good deal on it and fished out of it all summer. It worked fairly well, but the trailer was crap, and my dog wanted a place to sit so he wouldn't have to lay on the floor. So I fixed up the trailer, and designed a platform at the front for the dog. Then, it spiralled out of control (as projects have a way of doing).

It is a 1977 Sears 12' aluminum with a 1977 Evinrude 15hp outboard

I think these pictures can tell the story better than I can.

This is what it looked like when I brought it home. The trailer was way to small, the bunks were on the wrong way ( went perpendicular to the boat???), the old steel gas tank leaked at the connector, and the hose was rotten. But the engine was in really great shape and ran like a top!

2e3cf7fd22dd1902b1ee7e56662dbe4d.jpg

And here is what it looks like now. The trailer has been completely rebuilt, floor added, middle seat removed, front and rear deck, storage under front deck, and storage under floor. I tucked the foam from the middle seat under the bow, and under the rear deck. The original front and rear seat are intact.

a54a15a8-369b-4e14-ab8b-903a12bb5ef0.jpg

Here is the new gas tank and hose. I managed to fit it under the front seat with some minor trimming.

cb0d7cf0-0f5d-485c-a000-3d1778a07e53.jpg

Rear deck and storage.

806a15f9c673efafeb39fda959ba29bd.jpg

30ad433f-b661-41dd-9794-c4c72d57b9c6.jpg

d5c420ce-489c-4e2b-a295-3a9b095400fc.jpg

I painted everything with 2 coats of marine enamel. I have since added snaps to hold the carpet down.

Once the lakes thaw, I'll try to get some pics of it in action.

I'm fairly happy with how it turned out. Let me know what you think!

Nicely done, I'm in the final planning stages for my 12' 1960‘s AeroCraft. Some good inspiration here. Thanks.

Beautiful boat! A lot of time and thought went into this obviously. I like the way the center section of the boat is completely open. Have you tried the boat on the water after the mods were done? Does it get up on plane with that 15hp with the added weight? I am considering doing the same thing with a similar boat using a rebuilt Evinrude 18HP Fastwin.

Looks great. Really nice job. I too am interested in its stability (my 4yr old lab is wondering too). Would like to do something similar with my 14' Sea Nymph semi V (18hp fastwin)