1232 Tracker Jon Boat Duck Hunting

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milletro

Reaction score
AL Welded Platform Frame
Treated Plywood Deck Painted & Urethane Coated
Battery & Fuel under deck
SW Marine Camo Paint / Natural Gear Stencils (Red Leg)
Styx River Neo Mats
Switch Box / Fuse Box / 21" LED Bar / Strip LED Side Lights & Under Deck
Bilge Pump
Custom Boat Numbers

Attachments

• 100_Before.JPG
    100_Before.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 6,169
  • 102_After.JPG
    102_After.JPG
    153.4 KB · Views: 6,169
  • 103_After.JPG
    103_After.JPG
    158.1 KB · Views: 6,169
  • 104_After.JPG
    104_After.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 6,169
  • 106_After.JPG
    106_After.JPG
    103.5 KB · Views: 6,169
  • 107.JPG
    107.JPG
    144.4 KB · Views: 6,169
  • 108_After.JPG
    108_After.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 6,169
  • 109_After.JPG
    109_After.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 6,169
  • 110_After.JPG
    110_After.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 6,169
  • 111_After.JPG
    111_After.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 6,169
Added photos

Attachments

• 112.JPG
    112.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 6,151
  • 113_After.JPG
    113_After.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 6,151
  • 114_After.JPG
    114_After.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 6,151
  • 115.jpg
    115.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 6,151
  • IMG_1882.JPG
    IMG_1882.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 6,151
  • IMG_1891.JPG
    IMG_1891.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 6,151
  • IMG_1903.JPG
    IMG_1903.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 6,151
Other than the treated wood it looks great.
Do you hunt out of it, Do you have a blind for it or use it to get to you hunting spot?

Nice build! How does the light work out? Thinking of adding one to my boat

lckstckn2smknbrls said:
Do you hunt out of it, Do you have a blind for it or use it to get to you hunting spot?

Blind will come next year. I priced using AL for the deck and marine board.... way to expensive. Quotes came back over $600 for the three pieces. On this boat used plywood.

ADIBOO said:
Nice build! How does the light work out? Thinking of adding one to my boat

Light works excellent. 21 curved LED on Amazon $80. I got the covers from SuperBrightLEDs.com

Engineering Drawings / Wiring Schematic / Neo Mat Layout PM with questions or if you want source files (Pro/E for deck)

Attachments

• 9000000.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 70
  • Duck Boat Wiring Diagram.pdf
    159.5 KB · Views: 129
  • NeoMat_Diagram.pdf
    154.6 KB · Views: 103
milletro said:
lckstckn2smknbrls said:

Blind will come next year. I priced using AL for the deck and marine board.... way to expensive. Quotes came back over $600 for the three pieces. On this boat used plywood.
The copper in the pressure treated wood will corrode the aluminum. Exterior grade plywood is the best choice on an aluminum boat ACX, BCX ect.

lckstckn2smknbrls said:
milletro said:
lckstckn2smknbrls said:

The copper in the pressure treated wood will corrode the aluminum. Exterior grade plywood is the best choice on an aluminum boat ACX, BCX ect.

Thanks for the tip, I didn't know.

I second the above about pressure treated wood on aluminum. Boat looks great though! What green inside lights did you go with?

Side emitting strip LEDs. I encased them in extruded PVC and poly carb shielding. VHB'd it to gunnel. Got em from SuperBrightLEDs.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you mind posting the link to the parts you used?

Sent from the dust in front of you!

Very clean electrical and compartment work buddy. Looks awesome. I think your dog is ready to hit the lake!

milletro said:
Side emitting strip LEDs. I encased them in extruded PVC and poly carb shielding. VHB'd it to gunnel. Got em from SuperBrightLEDs.com

Can you elaborate some on how you encased the light strips? I have been looking for ideas of fastening some UV led light strips under the outside of my gunnels for night fishing. If I just put them directly on the under right under the gunnel they would be at a bad angle plus would be very vulnerable to to damage.

I used an extrusion that was slightly larger then the LED strip. The open ends were sealed with silicone and capped will boots from Superbrightleds.com I used side emitting led strips so the light would be directed downward. The extrusion assembly was then VHB taped below the gunnel.

milletro said:
I used an extrusion that was slightly larger then the LED strip. The open ends were sealed with silicone and capped will boots from Superbrightleds.com I used side emitting led strips so the light would be directed downward. The extrusion assembly was then VHB taped below the gunnel.

Sweet. Where did you get the extrusions and where they square tubing? This seems like a great idea for what I am wanting to do and may try it myself this spring.