13' meyers- looking for poss. mods (newbie)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burger213

Reaction score
To start I just want to say that I'm new to the world of boating and to this forum but I've already found lots of useful info on this great site. I picked up a 13' meyers v hull , 9.5 johnson and a trailer for $300 last fall. My plans so far include cleaning up and painting the trailer, new seats for the boat, poss. a front casting platform, poss. painting the exterior,and maybe some type of flooring. I have 2 sons (ages 9 and 7) that will be fishing with me most of the time and figured a flatter quieter floor would be helpful. The engine seems to run great but I will be taking it to a local outboard shop just to get a once over. Any ideas or info would be helpful. With the weather starting to warm up I'm getting the itch to start working on it. I haven't found too much info on 13' meyers and am wondering if it's just rare or not very desirable?

Attachments

• boat 001.jpg
    boat 001.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 681
  • boat 002.jpg
    boat 002.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 681
:WELCOME:

Thanks for joining!

Great little boat you have there, and the price is right!

Your idea for the floor is the path I would personally take. It will make it easier for you and your sons to fish comfortably in. Start by taking out in the water a few time (with PFD's of course) just so you can get a feel of how the boat is in the water. Once you learn what it likes and does not like you can then decide if adding the weight of a floor or deck is worth it. Keep us posted!

Jim

2 removable square carpeted floors and 2 short pedestal seats, that is what I would do. This way you can keep the seat in the front also for one of the little guys.

Latest posts