14' Flat Bottom Jon Boat Sea Nymph Modification

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More pics from yesterday!

Attachments

• deck6.jpg
    deck6.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 1,333
  • deck7.jpg
    deck7.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 1,333
  • deck8.jpg
    deck8.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 1,334
More pics as I worked on the boat most of the day today. Dreading the chiseling!!!

Attachments

• 2deck1.jpg
    2deck1.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,309
  • 2deck2.jpg
    2deck2.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 1,310
  • 2deck3.jpg
    2deck3.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 1,309
  • 2deck4.jpg
    2deck4.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 1,309
  • 2deck5.jpg
    2deck5.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,312
more pics from today

Attachments

• 2deck6.jpg
    2deck6.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 1,305
  • 2deck7.jpg
    2deck7.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,306
  • 2deck8.jpg
    2deck8.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,307
I know we arent done yet basshole but man we are good. That looks awesome!!! When the carpet goes on and the depth finder etc... its going to be a very sweet electric rig.

Henry Hefner - Thanks for the idea on the router. I made some calls and just like that a buddy of mine is stopping over to do all of the routing tomorrow.

You are the man - Thanks again.

Basshole said:
Henry Hefner - Thanks for the idea on the router. I made some calls and just like that a buddy of mine is stopping over to do all of the routing tomorrow.

You are the man - Thanks again.

:oops: gee willikers. I guess my laziness paid off. Whenever I look at hard work, I always stop and try to figure out how to get out of it! And it looks like you have a mile or two of hatch edges to recess. It is gonna look great when you are done!

Henry Hefner - well just like that my boy stopped by tonight and routed the entire lot of hatches in about an hour...What a relief, that would have sucked with a chisel. Thanks again for the comment, it helped me alot. They look awesome flush with the deck!!!

Just like that!

Basshole said:
Right now I am in the middle of chiseling the deck down so the hatches will flush mount...that part sucks.

Take your time with that. I was notching out something on my rear floor a couple weeks ago with a chisel and in a split second had 21 stitches in my left palm when the chisel caught a knot and slipped.

**UPDATE** Just saw the router post. Much better/safer way.

After a few added extras; recessed cup holders, recessed trolling rod holders, cleaned up some electric wires and a little vacumming we are almost ready to fix in the deck and add carpet. We also picked up some black fuel line tubing to fix to he deck as a molding for the carpet. Got kinda creative on that one. Should look very sharp when its done. I would expect the carpeting to be complete his weekend and posibly ready for its maiden voyage late next week. Just in time for the big bass to roll in. New picks will be posted soon.

poolie said:
Basshole said:
Right now I am in the middle of chiseling the deck down so the hatches will flush mount...that part sucks.

Take your time with that. I was notching out something on my rear floor a couple weeks ago with a chisel and in a split second had 21 stitches in my left palm when the chisel caught a knot and slipped.

**UPDATE** Just saw the router post. Much better/safer way.

I was chiseling out some hinge pockets and slipped. Thank God for finger nails. A nice sharp chisel will cut deep. I sliced my nail almost completely in half from tip to bone. Needless to say it ended my night or work. I do own 2 routers now. :mrgreen:

Basshole,
great work so far. Your doing a first class job so far.Keep it up.

Clarkster 2000 and I were busy today with the finishing touches to the boat. We did the entire top deck and finished the carpet except for the hatch tops. Everything else is complete though. Everything worked out perfect!!! Take a look.

Attachments

• finish1.jpg
    finish1.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 1,050
  • finish2.jpg
    finish2.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 1,054
  • finish3.jpg
    finish3.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 1,053
  • finish4.jpg
    finish4.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 1,053
  • finish5.jpg
    finish5.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 1,053
More Pics

Attachments

• finish6.jpg
    finish6.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 1,046
  • finish7.jpg
    finish7.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 1,047
  • finish8.jpg
    finish8.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 1,045
  • finish9.jpg
    finish9.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 1,045
We got a crap load of stuff done today!!! We are now officially in the home stretch. Carpet the hatches, front trolling motor wired and mounted, carpet edging, hatch handles, hook up front depth finder and put that baby on the trailer. After that its time for the maiden voyage. Sure hope it floats?!!!! :shock:

I said it once and I will say it again, we put the smack down on this tired old boat. What a difference one month makes. Might not be the fastest electric boat on the lake (yet) but it is 100% the best looking ride. The 20 oz. bass boat carpet and custon hatches really finish this thing off nice.

Give me a shout tommorow, hopefully I will have a few 5 to 7 lb largemouths on my boat. :?:

Another name for that sweet ride could've been the "Shawn Parson's Project."
Who did you get the hatches from and about how much on them?
Thanks,
Adam