14 ft Mirrocraft Mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FormerParatrooper

Reaction score
After a lot of studying here, lot of questions and realizing I was trying to make something simple into something difficult, I decided how to modify my boat. I wanted floor to dampen the sounds from the boat when fishing and to give my 1st Mate a comfortable way to nap. ( My Yellow Lab is the 1st Mate ). Also wanted something to keep the sun from reflecting so much heat back on us.

I looked at many mods, took a piece from several and came out with my own simple plan.

Here is the boat as I bought her.

1 As Bought.jpg

After painting her.

Paint.jpg

And now for the floor and carpet job.

20170509_164526.jpg

20170509_143751.jpg

20170509_143741.jpg

I know here the floor is not centered. I hadn't secured it yet and didn't put it down level. Now that I have taken out and checked my work it is now secured.

The battery has been secured by a strap above the floor and by screwing the battery box down to the underneath framing. The floors are 1/2 plywood, treated with Old Timers, with Menards outdoor carpet and carpet glue. The framing that I didn't take a picture of, but will, is from an fiberglass ladder that became unserviceable and found a new life. The existing aluminum bench seats were painted and then the carpet glue and carpet placed on them.

I have some imperfections, got a dab of glue on one of the carpets, a wrinkle in another place. But from across the parking lot she looks great and the fish aren't looking inside either.

All I have left to do is add a carpeted box to cover the battery, clean up the wiring and go FISH!

richg99 said:
Looks like you've done a great job.

Go fish.
Thank you Rich. I will be heading out to fish soon as I can get back home. Company has me in new Hampshire right now and my local fishing blog is showing people getting nice fish. I am ready.

ADKMtnTrapper said:
What paint did you use? Id like to use it for my boat.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I used Duralux Marine Aluminum Boat Paint.

You can spray. brush or roll it on. I did the roller. One thing, don't get the cheap foam rollers, get the better ones if you want to roll it on. The cheap ones will fall apart and leave stuff in the paint.

For the inside I used Rustoleum rattle cans.

FormerParatrooper said:
ADKMtnTrapper said:

You can spray. brush or roll it on. I did the roller. One thing, don't get the cheap foam rollers, get the better ones if you want to roll it on. The cheap ones will fall apart and leave stuff in the paint.

Thank you!

ADKMtnTrapper said:
FormerParatrooper said:
ADKMtnTrapper said:

Thank you!

No problem. Good luck on your project, there is a lot of people here to learn from.