14' Slyvan mods

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking at doing a very similar mod to my V-Hull.

Question for you.....Is the very most front piece screwed down to the wood frame below, or do the hinges open both the very front section (so you can get to your anchor) and the next split section? If it open both sections (Front section and the split section) how do you keep it from moving while trailering?

I'd like to have my deck just like yours but have both section open, my only difficulty is keeping it closed while in transport. I can use a latch but don't want the extra deck clutter or a magnet underneath but not sure if that will stay down if I hit a big bump. Thanks

or better yet...how do you get to your anchor? I see the line under the eve but the actual anchor looks like its under the hatch up front. Based on your frame underneath it doesn't look like the front section opens to get at the anchor though, do you just use a large clip to attach it to the rope when needed and stow it underneath?

Thanks

"Is the very most front piece screwed down to the wood frame below"::
Nope it just lays on top of the rib coming up from the bow. I never used it as a casting deck, just a place to hide my anchor and life jackets.

"do the hinges open both the very front section (so you can get to your anchor) and the next split section" ::
Just the two doors open up. I had enough room to store my anchor and line, life jackets, and a few other accessories.

"I'd like to have my deck just like yours but have both section open, my only difficulty is keeping it closed while in transport" ::
My doors fit together tight enough that I never had to worry about them flopping open.

I was sad to see my boat go. I did a lot of work, but I was able to upgrade to a nice Crestliner this summer with a 25hp on the back. Next year I will get a newer motor and put a steering counsel and re-carpet and seal the floor. When I did my old sylvan I sealed all the wood with water seal and then carped over it. I should have used glue along with staples because i did have some ripples the following year in the carpeting.

hope this helps,
-Kassun

Attachments

• Sylvan 15.jpg
    Sylvan 15.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 505

Latest posts