1436 and Decked out

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stryker777 said:
Looking good! I hope sanding it down is the hardest part lol. That is one time consuming task. I only had 3 cup brushes (should have bought 5) but I got through it all with a few wires still intact. That handle probably is helpful. Keep up the good work and good luck!

Im in the process of stripping my 15ft v down right now, it has atleast two layers of paint on it, Im on my 2nd cup brush and 6th or 7th wire wheel. Its amazing were you find the wire pieces after they fly off, had one get between two shirts, I leaned over the boat and now I have a pierced nipple :shock: . I've been at it for days now, but the end is in sight. Those boats with the camo jobs look awsome, cant wait to see how yours turns out.

Macgyver said:
ober51 said:
Macgyver said:
lol.. your killing me man , you forgot the bailing wire though.... :p

5200 is permanent, but in wet or below the waterline applications, I wouldn't use anything else. in areas not below the waterline or in non wet locations 4200 is good also , but not permanent so it can be removed.

I used 5200 on something on my glass boat and went to remove it . took pieces of fiberglass off with it ...

Can I use 4200 around my transom when I redo, or opt for the 5200?

sorry just got back to this thread. I'd use 5200 below the waterline and anything that is a permanent repair as you'll have loads of fun trying to get something off that's sealed with 5200 . if it is something you think you may take apart in the future then I'd use 4200.

Thanks for the answer, I went 5200.

Okay, finally got all the boat cleaned/wire wheeled. Boy was that just too much fun. Got some rattle cans of Zinc Chromate to prime the bare aluminum. Took a little over three cans to do the sides, front, back, and bottom of the boat. Directions say I have to wait 48 hours before the initial topcoat. I went ahead and power washed the cowling on my old motor. I'm gonna finish painting the boat first and then maybe camo the motor too. Regardless, there will be a purchase soon on some TINBOAT.NET stickers to go on the motor or the boat. Here's some pictures of the progress so far:

Attachments

• Boat Build 001.jpg
    Boat Build 001.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 1,183
  • Boat Build 002.jpg
    Boat Build 002.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 1,184
who pooted? said:
Okay, finally got all the boat cleaned/wire wheeled. Boy was that just too much fun. Got some rattle cans of Zinc Chromate to prime the bare aluminum. Took a little over three cans to do the sides, front, back, and bottom of the boat. Directions say I have to wait 48 hours before the initial topcoat. I went ahead and power washed the cowling on my old motor. I'm gonna finish painting the boat first and then maybe camo the motor too. Regardless, there will be a purchase soon on some TINBOAT.NET stickers to go on the motor or the boat. Here's some pictures of the progress so far:

Hey, great job. Where did you get the zinc chromate cans?

Well it's 12:31AM on a Wednesday and I just finished putting the first topcoat on the boat. I'll attach some pics of the paint, and the boat. And then it's time to pass out! Here ya go:

Attachments

• Boat Build 006.jpg
    Boat Build 006.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 983
  • Boat Build 005.jpg
    Boat Build 005.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 977
  • Boat Build 003.jpg
    Boat Build 003.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 977
  • Boat Build 004.jpg
    Boat Build 004.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 977
  • Boat Build 002.jpg
    Boat Build 002.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 977
Lookin' very good!! Sanding that thing down has been the most time consuming thing in my restore as well. Its a good feeling seeing it with a 'fresh' look after that paint is applied! Keep up the good work.

Neil

Well I finally got the final topcoat on the boat and flipped her over back onto the trailer. \:D/ My next step is to sand down the tube railing and paint it flat black. I think I'm going to hold off on the camo because I can always come back and do that. I gotta admit the marsh grass color by itself is pretty good looking, I just may not camo it. It's time to start putting some decking up and get that thing in the water ASAP! Here's some pics I took in my garage (poor lighting)Boat Build 014.jpgBoat Build 011.jpgBoat Build 012.jpg

Time for a beer! :beer:

Shawn you're a dork! Bartle Doo

I also have my old sturdy wooden deck for free if anyone wants it and lives nearby. It's great for a 14x36x18! It either gets given away or burned! I'll attach some pictures of it with carpet and without. I also have a hole drilled in it for a pedestal mount.

Attachments

• Boat Build 008.jpg
    Boat Build 008.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 977
  • Boat Build 013.jpg
    Boat Build 013.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 977
Here's a pic of the blank canvas! I'm going to try and get a better picture so I can do some work on Auto-Cad or Microsoft Paint and plan out this build before I get to cutting!

Attachments

• Boat Build 016.jpg
    Boat Build 016.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 1,018
Here's some more pictures of the progress: partial front deck framing and finish paint(no camo yet)

Attachments

• Boat Build 018.jpg
    Boat Build 018.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 1,018
  • Boat Build 019.jpg
    Boat Build 019.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 1,018
  • Boat Build 020.jpg
    Boat Build 020.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 1,019
  • Boat Build 017.jpg
    Boat Build 017.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 1,018
I've been really busy at work here lately and my boat build has suffered, but I've really made some ground in the last two days. I'll post some pics of the progress and my plans.

Attachments

• Back of Boat.JPG
    Back of Boat.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 1,016
  • Front of Boat.JPG
    Front of Boat.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 1,015
  • Boat Pics (26).jpg
    Boat Pics (26).jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 1,014
  • Boat Pics (22).jpg
    Boat Pics (22).jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 1,018
  • Boat Pics (21).jpg
    Boat Pics (21).jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 1,020
Yeah I thought about the whole live well thing, but I don't do tournaments in the flat bottom. Also I rarely keep what i catch. I primarily fish for sport. If I do decide to eat what I catch then I just throw em in the ice chest.
I've got to admit this has been the funnest project I've ever worked on!
If it wasn't for all the great ideas on this website and supportive people this project wouldn't be so.
Thanks to all,
Adam-Who Pooted?

Cheeseball,
Right now I think I may not do the camo thing. I really just want to get the thing finished so I can start fishing. Originally this was going to be done in time for the spawn, but my wife delayed that by getting me to remodel a couple of rooms in our house!!!!!!!!! God love her! I really like the color that it is now. The only other paint I'm gonna do is some flat black on the top rail tubing. I figure I can always camo it later. I plan on repainting my engine as well.
I'm almost finished with the back of the boat as I illustrated in my drawings. Ran a little short on the square tubing. That crap is expensive at Home Depot. I can get it for almost half the price from a local steel supply company in Little Rock, but it takes 2-3 days to get in. By this point I've become to damned impatient to wait for it.
I really just want to go fishing in my boat!
Later,
Adam

Cheeseball you got any ideas for a camo pattern? Maybe you've had some experience in this field. I really don't want to buy the kit. I'd like to make my own but as I stated earlier the color on it now ain't bad.

who pooted? said:
Well it's 12:31AM on a Wednesday and I just finished putting the first topcoat on the boat. I'll attach some pics of the paint, and the boat. And then it's time to pass out! Here ya go:

Did you get your paint in Little Rock? If so where at? Art's? Also, I noticed you bought a quart! was that enough to do the entire outside? did you have any left over?

I painted mine white and keeping it clean on Lake Conway is a beach!

Another thing, If you like trot lining or yo-yoing you should give me a holler! I'm going to rig me up a trot line this weekend. Everyone says the flat heads are biting.