1436 and Decked out

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plans got put on hold due to some construction my father and I have taken on. We've been spending all our extra time building a 36' x 28' screened in deck for my grandfather's lake house. I've missed my boat terribly, mainly because when it's 100 degrees outside while we're working I'm steadily seeing people fishing up and down the banks at the house. I've done a little work since last post now that we aren't working during the week out there, mainly just weekends now. I'm gonna work a little bit more on her tonight. I'll get some pics up shortly.
This has been a terrible fishing year. I've not taken the boat out once! Betweeen remods at my house, my grandfather's deck, my one year anniversary with my wife, and a little vacation my time has been consumed by other things.
Will get back to her to be ready to fish by end of summer!
Adam

I'm baaaaaaaaaaackkk! Sorry for being gone so long! Look at me acting like people could really give a crap :mrgreen: ! As i said in my last post things have been very busy for me. Another job was added that took up my free time after work. The in-laws needed a fence to be put up. So I've been working 10-11 hours a day at work then driving to the in-laws manually digging about 20 post holes and two huge holes for rail road cross tie posts for the big gate on their fence. I didn't know when they said we needed your help that it meant, "you're going to be doing this by your lonesome." Oh well, they are actually great people that I love dearly and who've been there for me in times of need. Well enough whining here's some pics:

Attachments

• PICT0042.JPG
    PICT0042.JPG
    732.3 KB · Views: 1,126
  • PICT0051.JPG
    PICT0051.JPG
    722.4 KB · Views: 1,126
  • PICT0050.JPG
    PICT0050.JPG
    688.9 KB · Views: 1,126
  • PICT0049.JPG
    PICT0049.JPG
    743.6 KB · Views: 1,126
  • PICT0043.JPG
    PICT0043.JPG
    303.4 KB · Views: 1,126
Got the front half carpeted, been too cold to do the back half to get proper adhesion for the contact cement. I've also camo'd the boat as well. I'm going to rip out the transom.....again! I have no idea why i replaced with exactly what was in there design wise. I used 2 treated 2x6 instead of a solid peice of doubled treated 3/4 plywood. Feel like an idiot. Good thing I'm replacing it though because it will be stronger plus I'm going to raise it 4 inches so my motor sits at the right height. I will try and take pics tonight.
Hope people are still intrested.
I promise it will be cool once it's done. The question is will it float? HA HA

Here's some pics of the front carpet and camo on the boat. I call the pattern cat tail charisma :mrgreen: HA HA
You'll have to trust me on the camo. It doesn't look janxy in person. It really does look good and it's not finished. I'm going to have the old shark mouth on the front of the boat. The front two hatch lids were a little too big so I have to cut them back in order for them to fit. I thought I left enough room but apparently not.

Attachments

• PICT0006.JPG
    PICT0006.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 1,054
  • PICT0005.JPG
    PICT0005.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 1,054
  • PICT0004.JPG
    PICT0004.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 1,054
  • PICT0003.JPG
    PICT0003.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 1,054
Well it's been a loooooooong time, but finally she's finished! Sorry I've not been able to post any pics. Work and life have gotten in the way.
I went fishing today in my boat. This was the first time she's seen water since October of 2008. I caught a limit of bass in 3 and a half ours.

Attachments

• Boat 6.JPG
    Boat 6.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,008
  • Boat 5.JPG
    Boat 5.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 1,008
  • Boat 4.JPG
    Boat 4.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 1,008
  • Boat 3.JPG
    Boat 3.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 1,008
  • Boat 2.JPG
    Boat 2.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 1,008
  • Blue Water LED.JPG
    Blue Water LED.JPG
    9.9 KB · Views: 1,008
Here are some pics of the huge screened in porch that me and my dad have been building since last September. Also I've included a pic of the smartest thing I've ever done with a nail gun!Nail in Finger.JPGBismarck Porch 8.jpg

Attachments

• Bismarck Porch 1.jpg
    Bismarck Porch 1.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 1,007
  • Bismarck Porch 2.jpg
    Bismarck Porch 2.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 1,007
  • Bismarck Porch 3.jpg
    Bismarck Porch 3.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 1,007
  • Bismarck Porch 4.jpg
    Bismarck Porch 4.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 1,007
  • Bismarck Porch 5.jpg
    Bismarck Porch 5.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 1,007
  • Bismarck Porch 6.jpg
    Bismarck Porch 6.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 1,007
  • Bismarck Porch 7.jpg
    Bismarck Porch 7.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 1,007
Definitely not photoshopped. I was putting some corner mold on the parapet wall on the deck and the nail ricocheted off the rafter's hurricane clip. Was quite the surprise, but didn't really hurt. Felt like hitting my finger with a hammer, just a lot more pressure. Pulled it out and got back to work.

Thanks for the compliment on my boat. With me, 8 poles, 12 full (really full) plano boxes, and all the mods I did to the boat I gps'd it at a top speed of 22 mph. Same set up with 2 people i can get between 17-20.