1436 and Decked out

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to add a little thinner at the end, but that quart did finish the sides and top of the boat w/2 coats. Yeah I did buy it at Arts-Larry and them are good guys. I just wish they were a little cheaper!
I may have to do some fishing with ya sometime, but this weekend is a bust. I'm really trying to finish the boat and I've got a golf tourney coming up so I got to practice.
I love lake Conway! That place has got some great bass fishin, and stumps! I bet that white is pretty hard to keep clean out there. Did you do a flat white or gloss? The shinier the better protection. A lot of my friends with factory paint jobs on their alum/fiberglass use regular dish soap to clean the boat, then dry, then use Endust or some Old English spray cans of furniture polish to help protect the finish.
I've got an old wooden deck still in good shape from my first build on my boat, if you want it it's free. I put pictures of it on the first or second page of this thread.
Take it easy Nick and good luck with them ol cattyfish.
Adam

Thanks for the offer but I finished my boat about 2 months ago. Here is the link if you want to check it out.
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7167

Just give send me a email if you ever need a fishing buddy; [email protected]

I basically live up at Choctaw in the summer so we may be able to hit that up too!

who pooted? said:
Cheeseball you got any ideas for a camo pattern? Maybe you've had some experience in this field. I really don't want to buy the kit. I'd like to make my own but as I stated earlier the color on it now ain't bad.

Actually I do, I really like the angular look of this pattern. It reminds me of the WW I dazzle style cammo they put on battle ships. I think it would be pretty easy to replicate with ordinary old painter's blue tape. You already have one of the colors laid down as well.

swedishcamo9lw.jpg

Cheeseball,
Thanks for the idea. After I finish the boat build and make my decision about the camo I'll definitely keep that pattern for consideration. I love this forum. Everyone is so helpful. One guy can benefit from so many others ideas! It's cool too because maybe that one thing you didn't think of or one thing you wanted to do may be done by others will some helpful encouragement. Also, you'd be able to see what your boat would've looked like had you done the other thing you wanted or forgot to do.
Thanks for the help Mr Ball! :p
Adam

https://www.reelfootcustomcamo.com/ check that for ideas,i used pepsi cartons,cut the patterns to kind of copy what i liked and went from there

Here's a pic of the back of the boat. I've got the framing for the storage boxes done, the floor framing is next.

Attachments

• Boat Pics 001.jpg
    Boat Pics 001.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 1,267
A little more progress on the boat today, and some pictures of the engine that I'll be repainting. So far I've got the front hatches done, the recessed tray for the trolling motor foot pedal, and the initial stripping of the engine. Once the next two hatches are done the boat should just fly along. This will turn into a weekday project because me and my dad will be out of town in Bismark building a 28x40 screened in deck on my grandfather's lake house for the next 8-10 weekends! I love doing that kinda stuff with my dad. Real quality time!

Attachments

• Boat Pics 005.jpg
    Boat Pics 005.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 1,225
  • Boat Pics 006.jpg
    Boat Pics 006.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 1,225
  • Boat Pics 004.jpg
    Boat Pics 004.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 1,225
  • Boat Pics 003.jpg
    Boat Pics 003.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 1,225
  • Boat Pics 007.jpg
    Boat Pics 007.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 1,225
Good work on the boat. Just found this site and have a 1432 mod in the works (at least in my head).
I see a familiar sticker on that boat. What part of Arkansas are you in?

I live out in England. Nice little town. Great fishing spots and it's close to the river.

I should be getting my boat back either today or tomorrow from the welder. I had to get the corner bracing welded back on after removing the transom. WHen I get it back I should be able to really jump on this thing and get it done.
The wife and I will also be taking a small 4th vacation in Branson, MO so this will delay it a little bit.

Work on the boat's a little slow but I did get some things done. I fabricated the front deck and finished all the hatches up front. I also went back and shortened the width of the bench on the left rear of the boat. This gives a little more room down the middle. I'll just find a smaller ice chest to go over there as planned. I've done a little bit mo work on the boat, so here's some pics:

Attachments

• Altered Bench.JPG
    Altered Bench.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 1,208
  • Boat Pics 011.jpg
    Boat Pics 011.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 1,208
  • Boat Pics 010.jpg
    Boat Pics 010.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 1,208
Adam,

Congratulations on the work so far. I really like the tubing work and the paint job. Its looking great.

I have one question about your decking material. What is it? I can't tell from the pics and you didn't say what you're using for hatch covers and decking.

BTW, I'm located in Little Rock. Nice to see such nice work being done locally.

I'm attaching everything with rivets. This whole build is being done with aluminum. (sheeting,angle,tubing,rivets)
The aluminum is 1/8" thick or 0.125 thick.
The hatches are made with all the above listed material. All custom work.
If you have any questions feel free to ask.

It's nice to here from a local. Right now I've got my boat at River Valley Marina. I'm having Ray weld on the front deck in the corners and other areas to make it a little more sturdy.
Fish Taco,
I work over at Spectrum Paints on Chenal Parkway if you're ever buy this way we can talk boats or if you need some paint for your home I can help you out.
Do you have any pics of your build?

who pooted? said:
I'm attaching everything with rivets. This whole build is being done with aluminum. (sheeting,angle,tubing,rivets)
The aluminum is 1/8" thick or 0.125 thick.

Fish Taco,
I work over at Spectrum Paints on Chenal Parkway if you're ever buy this way we can talk boats or if you need some paint for your home I can help you out.
Do you have any pics of your build?

I think I know where that is. I'll stop by sometime. No, no pics.. (and shhhh, its made out of fiberglass [GASP!!]).

I was referred to this site by one of the folks in Crappie.com as a great place to get some ideas on how to lay out the interior of my little boat. Its a semi-v hull flats skiff and I really need to do something to it to make it more fishable.

I bought it as a quick fix to get on the water, as I'm addicted to all things boats and fishing. I've been looking for a nice hull (in aluminum of course) to start a project and will start posting pics when that happens. Mean time, I continue the search for the "perfect" 54" wide hull. I have a wonderful little 18HP Nissan 4 stroke that purrs like a sewing machine and I'm looking to trade up hulls before too much longer.

Great work on your project! I'm impressed with it so far.

Thanks for the compliments. It's been fun thus far and only getting funner! Ain't country grammar awesome.
I'd check craiglist.com for that "perfect" 54". I've seen plenty on their lately.
Tight Lines,
Adam