1436 lowe/9.9 4stroke merc

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathanielrthomas

Reaction score
My buddy has a 1440 with a new 9.9 merc 4 stroke. He can run about 18mph with just him in the boat, but as soon as there are 2 people in the boat, hes lucky to run 10mph,and it wont plane out. My old nissan 9.9 2 stroke on my 1448 would leave him behind. 4 strokes are weak compared to the old 2 strokes. You could probably sell it and profit enough to buy a used 2 stroke. I would put a 2 stroke Nissan/Tohatsu 18hp on it. It would push your boat close to 30mph, and they are really light too. I think I remember you saying youre a big guy, so weight would be important. Go 2 stroke.

boater1234 said:
They did a test down here at a big time marina with a new 1448 mod v alumacraft 250lbs and a new 15hp suzuki 4stroke and with 2 average size guys 160 to 175lbs a piece and full gear they went 25.7mph gps and had the records to prove it and i saw it.

Im not calling BS, but that is something Id actually have to be in the boat with my GPS in hand to believe that. My 25hp yamaha 2 stroke can push my 1448 with 2 people and gear about 26mph. I find it hard to believe that a 15hp 4 stroke can do all that. I would be skeptical of this dealer. I dont even see a 15hp 4 stroke pushing your boat that fast with just you in it. I would get them to write you out a guarantee stating that you will get at least 25mph out of your 1436. I mean jeez, if a **** Suzuki 15 can push a full load on a 1448 over 25mph, then your boat should be close to 40mph with just you in it. I dont beleive that, do you? I think theyre BS'n ya bro. Maybe Im wrong, because im sure not trying to start an arguement.

Latest posts