14ft V Lund

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice job! I love picture threads so I agree with the above post, you can never post to many pics =D>

Just wanted to post a picture of the old transom. Came out fairly easy. Man oh man was she rotten! haha I will get some pics of the new transom soon. And boat is getting coated in bedliner material so will have pics of that up soon too.

Attachments

• photo(11).JPG
    photo(11).JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 641
Has anybody ever thought of or actually added on to the height of the transom so it would accommodate a long shaft motor? Just curious

Ive got some new pics of the project. The boat has been lined in bedliner material, I was able to find a smoking deal on some seats that match my boat pretty well. The transom has been cut and waterproofed, I just have to glue it together and reattach it to the boat. Ive started on the framing of the floor and one of the decks. I am not exactly sure how im going to brace the front deck because of how the boat is shaped. If anybody has tips or tricks on how to support the front deck would be appreciated.

Attachments

• photo(16).JPG
    photo(16).JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 593
  • photo(17).JPG
    photo(17).JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 593
  • photo(18).JPG
    photo(18).JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 593
  • photo(19).JPG
    photo(19).JPG
    131.1 KB · Views: 593
  • photo(20).JPG
    photo(20).JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 593
If they are upside down in your file folder just rotate them there and it should fix it...mine does that sometimes.

Nice clean looking job you are doing!

you are doing a great job so far, i like everything except the black bedliner on the inside, wont that get pretty hot out in the sun? and im still trying to figure out how to brace the front deck on my v hull, i have everything else pretty much built except that... one guy said he tied into the u bolt in front, but mine only has 1 bolt right in the middle, probably came stock like this... i saw where another guy acutally hang it from the "handle" in the front of his boat, im pretty sure he did that with rope... idk about doing that either.. those are a couple ideas tho...

Thanks guys!! Its been tough trying get work done when you have an 18 month old needing that attention. Which is fine with me cause thats my future fishing buddy. :D When I uploaded the pictures everything looked correct and not upside down so I have to figure it out. As far as the bedliner goes im sure it will get hot, which is why im putting floors in. Also I do the majority of my fishing in the evenings so I hope that will help out too.

To bikeordie: Just brace it as far up as you can...you won't be putting two hundred pounds at the very peak of the triangle...

Jdholmes said:
To bikeordie: Just brace it as far up as you can...you won't be putting two hundred pounds at the very peak of the triangle...
are u sayiing rivet a frame to the hull and brace it there? one probably could do that, but in my case, the deck is only going to be level with the top of the seat, i guess u could make a frame that attaches to the seat too? maybe?

MTord03 said:
Thanks guys!! Its been tough trying get work done when you have an 18 month old needing that attention. Which is fine with me cause thats my future fishing buddy. :D When I uploaded the pictures everything looked correct and not upside down so I have to figure it out. As far as the bedliner goes im sure it will get hot, which is why im putting floors in. Also I do the majority of my fishing in the evenings so I hope that will help out too.

i know what u mean with the baby, mines 2 weeks needing his attention as well... not much time to work on the boat lol

Slowly but surely im getting things completed. I got the front deck framing completed and is now ready to be decked and carpeted. Installed some running light so it will be easier to make my way back to the dock at night. I also installed some of the wiring and the switch panel. Id like to wrap this pig up by this weekend but will see how well that works out. HAHA

Attachments

• photo(22).JPG
    photo(22).JPG
    97 KB · Views: 454
  • photo(21).JPG
    photo(21).JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 454
  • photo(23).JPG
    photo(23).JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 454
I used to have this exact boat. I will be keeping a close eye on this thread, as I always wanted to do a floor in it!

Looks good so far!

Finally got her completed about a month ago and havent posted pictures. Ive been out enjoying her! Thanks everyone for the tips and the help on this project

Attachments

• back-seat.jpg
    back-seat.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 389
  • boatoutside.jpg
    boatoutside.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 389
  • deck.jpg
    deck.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 389
  • motor.jpg
    motor.jpg