15 HP motor with transom saver?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boney

Reaction score
Just got my new boat, Alumacraft 1442 NCS, and a 15 HP 4 stroke and was wondering if you guys used a transom saver on that size motor or if it was necessary.

I have one on my 9.9. I figure its better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. Cheap insurance.

Cheap $5 insurance . . . I made one for my 15HP Nissan . . . don't even have to remove it from the trailer when I launch.
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=26652&p=279635&hilit=redneck+transom+saver#p279635

Nice boat Boney, I just got the same boat and waitin to find a good motor. Can't wait to get it out on the water. Transom saver can't hurt.

I've been wondering the same thing. I actually bought a transom saver a few years ago, but it's still in the box because it says something about using only on motors with hydraulic lift or some such. I think I'll attach it. Seems to me it should help.

Can you post a pic of how yours looks when you get it on?

I use in on my 9.9 Honda. The Honda owners manual says if you can't trailer with the motor in the full down position to use one. I have towed 1000,s of miles with no problems.

Attachments

• 110511 013.jpg
    110511 013.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 2,035
25 merc and I use one. I travel some rough roads with my boat during duck season and don't want my motor bouncing all around. Used one on my 8 HP on the last boatcas well.

Do you guys use your transom saver when your boat is in the garage?? I have been leaving my on all the time and I want to know if this is good, bad or indifferent.

I have a 25 horse power 2 stroke motor.

The only time mine is off is when the boat is in the water. I've never had any issues.

bird35 said:
Do you guys use your transom saver when your boat is in the garage?? I have been leaving my on all the time and I want to know if this is good, bad or indifferent.

I have a 25 horse power 2 stroke motor.

Indifferent. The transom saver is there to protect from the bouncing occurred during trailering. If your transom can't hold up to the motor hanging off of it in the garage you've got bigger problems.

Latest posts