15v Fisher marine...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis91

Reaction score
I have all of the floors, and side panels tore out and i want to put down a new floor.. however i have the 15V which is like the modified V front and the floor has a slight v to it with just the slightest bend in the floor runners. fisher used super thin metal that would flex. when i put a new floor in should i flex the floor down as a rivet it in or should i put aluminum angle down and make the floor flat?.

In my opinion, the floor of your boat should end up being flat, regardless of what the actuall hull shape is.

So, if you have a slight V, that would mean that you would need to make the floor wide enough to lay flat across from port to starboard and front to back. Calculate how much material you would need (whether metal or wood) and worry about the supporting structure once you figure out where the sides will be.

There is a really neat benefit from this. The area under the new floor can now be used for the fuel tank. Getting things out of the way is one of my most important things and there are PLENTY of belly type tanks available in both plastic and metal.

PICTURES???

Good luck!
Talons

Latest posts