16 ft Smokercraft

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishingmich

Reaction score
I have been stalking this forum for about 2 years. So now its time to jump in with both feet. I recently purchased a 16 ft Smokercraft deep vee for $300 from CL and a trailer for $100. Score me! Other than the original $400, add in new leds, ladder stabilizer and pvc (for the most amazing guide posts EVER!), winch, tilting bunk brackets and a keel roler and bracket, I'm only in for about $500 total so far. Berfore I get pouned about the fact that I haven't posted any pics, I don't have them on a camera yet, just my phone. And I'm not exactly computer literate. As soon as I figure out how to load my pics, you will have them. TTFN!

Just make a text message with the pictures then send the text contact to your exact email. The go to you email and save each picture to your desktop by right clicking each pic and click save target or save picture as then just save it. Ban its on the computer.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I've done a coupleboats in the past, but nothing too over the top. The first one was a 14' jon and the second was a 14' Starcrfaft V. As far as I'm concerned, this is the last boat I'm gonna buy. The main problem with these boats is that there is never enough storage. Stuff all over the floor, always tripping over ropes, life jackets, tackle boxes and god knows what else. My 10 yr old is always complaing about all of the stuff laying around, so my goal with this build is to create enough storage so there is nothing on the floor, except maybe a cooler with food and drinks. (Necessities)

fishingmich said:
Hey Lon, thanks for the jab! =D> SE lower, between Tecimseh and Ann Arbor. Where is Klinger Lake?

Just off US12 between Sturgis, and White Pigeon. About 35 minutes west of Coldwater.

Starting demolition. Taking this bench out to make a little more floor space.

Attachments

• boat.jpg
    boat.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 4,075
  • boat 2.jpg
    boat 2.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 4,075
Here is the basic layout for the front deck. When I'm done, I plan to have a ridiculous amount of storage. Thats the major drawback with these boats, no storage.

Attachments

• boat 3.jpg
    boat 3.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 4,074
Thats not the complete front decl, it's missing a couple of pieces, but you get the main idea. The back deck is going to be similar.

Basically, any place I can put a hatch for storage, I'm putting one. Shallow storage, deep storage; storage, storage everywhere. And also the start of the floor.

Attachments

• boat 1.jpg
    boat 1.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 985
  • boat pic 2.jpg
    boat pic 2.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 985
Hey fish, I live in westminster. Im know Cumberland pretty well its nice over there. Hope everything going good with that boat!

Well it's been a couple of months since i've really done any work on the boat. My son is home sick from school, so I decided to play on the computer and just see how computer literate I really am. So hopefully my cute little sketch will load like I want it to. I have a buddy that is going stir crazy in this stupid Michigan winter so he volunteered to eurethane some of my boards for the floor supports.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 887
It also going to have a 55# thrust Minn Kota V2 Powerdrive electric steer trolling motor and a 15 hp Mercury outboard with a 55# thrust Minn Kota Endura tm on the back.

Latest posts