16' Lowe V Conversion

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man that is one sexy bimini top... and your sewing set-up is the best.... all good finds I like your large cutting sewing table...

Great job!
Gave me an idea to cut and dice the Bimini frame I have to fit my center console. T-tops are way too expensive.

After a long break from working on the boat, I am back at trying to get it finished for this summer. Decided to use a 50 quart marine cooler to make the live well so that I would have a cooler when not using the live well. More details to come on it later. Added a plate to the seat brackets for the cockpit area. Also started getting the carpet in. Will finish it next weekend. Then just need to plumb the live well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 1,116
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 1,116
nice! That is exactly what I am using in my boat for a live well but I am placing mine just north of the side console in the front deck to add weight to the front for better balance....

My trolling motor battery is under the front deck to help with some weight. That, life jackets and floats are about all that fit under the front deck because I didn't remove seats/floatation. Anchor and ropes are under the trolling motor.

Couldn't find a plastic trowel for the glue, didn't want to drag steel across my aluminum and needed something flexible to get I to some tight spots. So I made one out of a old Bondo tool.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 1,102
Rear deck finally has carpet. Need to let that setup for a few days, make the Bimini cover and plumb/wire the livewell and the boat will be done.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 1,053
CLM said:
First door and hinge made. Will attach after I get the floor down. Not bad for $11.

Love that idea, I am going to use it on my boat project!

Where did you get the hinges? How are the cutting boards holding up?

Thinking about stealing your idea for my boat.

Hinges came from a local metal supply/scrap yard and are aluminum. Paid about $1 each for them. Front cutting board warped a little, but it sat in the sun for a year without a cover. Rear ones look like the day they were installed, but I have always kept it covered since installing them. I still love them and would do it again in a heartbeat.