16' monark makeover

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the same switch panel you show on page 8. It ended up getting salt water in it from the waves in the bay. Even after washing the boat down after every trip, the switches corroded heavily in a month or two of use. I ended up having to replace it recently with a panel that has booted switches and fuses.

I noticed a bunch of us live around the Tampa area. We should get the boats together sometime!

I noticed a bunch of us live around the Tampa area. We should get the boats together sometime![/quote]
I will be ready for spring........I plan on taking my boat up to crystal river and the 10,000 islands later this spring. I might even take a ride to the east coast.

:D yeah there is a bunch of us around here. I'm still working in it but, I'm looking forward to longer daytime hours after work come spring.

kensho1976 said:
I had the same switch panel you show on page 8. It ended up getting salt water in it from the waves in the bay. Even after washing the boat down after every trip, the switches corroded heavily in a month or two of use. I ended up having to replace it recently with a panel that has booted switches and fuses.

I noticed a bunch of us live around the Tampa area. We should get the boats together sometime!
i really appreciate the words and noticing that about the switch panel.

SDHawgs said:
Great job on the build! Any idea how fast she went? :D
you might have missed it, but she goes 31 mph per "waza" gps app. on my iphone4. i want to try an figure how to post the video of the wake.

Big Aug said:
Nice work! I have the same boat, originally when I bought it it was rust brown... I stripped it down and repainted it OD green, never realized that that front strip of carpet was factory! I thought it was a PO's idea for traction. I ended up surfacing the front platform and rear platform with truck bedliner for tracion on slippery days. Works pretty well but gets hot in the sun. Anyway, I dig your color scheme and detailed build. Makes me want to do mine over again...
you got any pics you can share ?

image.jpg on this fine not /crappy cold windy day. I got my three rod holders installed. I went ahead and hooked up the bow and stern lights. I installed a power point in the console. It's coming along slowly. I want to be ready for spring.

I will be going to American Metals in Tampa,Fl. To get my alluminum channels to rebuild casting deck /seat and dry storage at the back of the boat. Then I'm going cover it with 3/4" starboard from another contact. I will be posting these material supply companies and contacts.

American Metals(call eric)

on sable queen palms dr.
off us hwy 301, south of the Tampa fairgrounds.
I got a 30'r of of screen porch white 2'' x 2'' for $35
precut/predilled 2''x 2'' L channel brackets (40pcs) $30

I had to cut it in the parking lot to carry it home...

I first off want to thank Jonboat Jerry for such a great idea with the 2"x 2" white screen porch grade alluminum stock. I have taking many of the tinboats.net builds into consideration for this rear casting deck/seat and storage. I will be using a plastic starboard to deck the top then wrap again in more smoke blue carpet from h/depot. If you'll need some starboard, I have a connection in lutz,Fl.

Latest posts