16' V hull FINALLY DONE!....for now 3/17....see final POST.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys,

took some time off from the boat to ice fish.

Starting up again and here is the progress so far

I would rather have had 2 seats the same color...but couldnt find another red one...(which i owned already)

only jobs left are
1) installing the livewell system.
2) powering the front FF and motor.
3) installing a new trailer coupler as the old one cracked slightly one one side on the last day of use.

That is a great paint job what kind of paint and primer did you use? I have an old 16' deep v that I am ready to paint like yesterday. I could use some guidance. I wolud appreciate any advice. thanx

big bobby blade

Paint is outdoor rustoleum.(spray)

no primer, but several coats.

has stood up well while grinding against docks.

bassnbrian said:
Plus...I bought the boat/trailer/motor with money I earned from selling warhammer minis on ebay =)!
Side note, sorry, but since you brought it up, maybe I'm behind on recent trends but what are warhammer minis? I honestly have no idea, I highly doubt I'm the only one that has no idea what you were talking about here, is this a new kind of spinnerbait or something? just to ask the question no one else did!

But anyways nice job on the carpet... I just finished carpeting my bunks and I tell you I will not be doing any professional carpeting jobs because this task gave me one hell of a time. I simply could not keep it from buckling. I even had two other people try to do it, then watch me try to do it, I have finally concluded that it has to do with the way the carpet was made, specifically the backing, and subsequently how it was stretching, I'm going to try a different carpet on my decks but if it goes like the bunks mine won't hold a candle to yours or most/many peoples on here!

warhammer minis are little army men 28mm in scale that you assemble entire armies of and battle opponents.
The main people who play are 30+ and nerdy!
But I just paint the minis to pass the time during winter.

Boat looks great. Carpeting looks like it would not be fun. I bought a boat that already had a floor in it but I don't know if it is plain treated wood or marine grade treated wood. I am thinking of tearing everything out and starting from scratch. What did you use to seal the plywood for the decking?

I only used thomson water sealer. Not near as good as the laminates or epoxy's some guys use but I figured that ,as I am planning on revamping the boat from winter to winter to ease cabin fever. and find my ideal set-up....I dont need to build quite so permenantly (plus the boat is garage stored and I wont be fishing in the rain or rough water if I can help it.)

Got some more work done on the boat.
*Interior painted
*bilge pump installed
*livewell piping installed (exterior bilge runs to livewell, bilge in well for outflow)
*running lights installed

still need power for the front FF,trolling motor and livewell ...but its more or less ready for fishing!

maiden voyage this week while I wait for money for front batteries and switch panel

I love that she looks like a new boat!

inflow to livewell

stole the idea from another guy on here who does the same for his livewell.

Works the same as a livewell intake pump...just no hole drilled in hull.
And you need to wait to fill well until you are in clear weedless water as to not clog the pump.

motor lid was painted black.

Had a kid over who wanted to do something for the boat...so I let him go at the Lid :p

Hey Bassnbrian,

Nice work, just bought the exact same boat that someone has removed the middle seats, seems like a heavy built sturdy boat. Would you happen to be able to get me the capacity plate information if your boat still has a legible one?

Well, the previous design seen in this post didnt last more than a year. =)
It had lots of storage space and a livewell I never used. :p
But whenever I took more than one person out (I usually take a couple teens from my youth group)
it got crowded real quick.
So worked all winter long and this is what I came up with.

-Shortened the front deck area (just barely big enough to sit and move the trolling motor)
-took out all side storage
-removed middle seat (one had been removed already)
-replaced support
-added framework at a raised level. (at the indent that runs along side of boat)
-Added flooring on top of framewook.
-added storage areas
-placed all removed foam from both seats beneath deck (along sides keeping center clear for drainage)
-carpeted decking
-added swivel eze mounts and 3 new chairs )13" mounts pictured-also will have 6" stands available for choppier rides-plus seats can fit flat to floor (when this is done they are below level of standard benches)
-new motor
-new trolling motor
-built new switch/electrical center (that opens for easy access)
-anchor buddy
-new paint job

above image altered to hide numbers

looking forward to fishing! The new mod gives so much more room it will be nice not to climb over people constantly. It will be especially nice with just two people now.

I have got a 14' blue fin I am working on and was wondering if you can take a photo or two of the framing on your back deck. I left all 3 seats in my boat and the issue I am running into with the 14' is: if I run framing for the hatches from the seats to the transom I cannot get the gas tank in or out. I also want to be sure that the hatch is hinged over the rear bench slightly for support. Having some visuals on how you did yours would be really helpful.

(PICS BELOW)

Well, last years mod ended up causing massive leaking as the floor (though raised) was below the water line and the screws attaching it to the hull loosened and in some places fell off...leaving several small holes on both sides :oops:

So....b
1) Tore it all apart and fixed all the holes with HTS 200 brazing rods.
2) Covered remaining hull bottom interior with rustoleum leak seal.
3) Build aluminum framing for new (and much lower) floor.
4) added new flooring (added foam padding and painted with grey rustoleum plastic exterior)
5) Built side and front storage (with one rod-locker)
6) carpeted all storage tops
7) rewired/reinstalled ignition, lights, bilge pumps, fish finder.
8) interior and exterior painted (interior-grey and white with color flecks added while still tacky)

I built the floor low and did not add a casting deck due to the boat being somewhat shallow anyhow and not needing a casting deck. It will be much more stable, and safer for my son when he starts fishing. I decided on no carpeting so that clean up would be much easier.
Next winter a buddy of mine will add fiberglass to all interior walls ( but it will look just like it does now...only smoother) and this boat will hopefully be DONE.