1648 unknown year and make

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just got this boat for the low price of FREE! The trailer is busted to pieces, but I am hoping that the boat can be brought back to life. Im thinking about some minor modifications : paint, extended deck on the front, new carpet, etc... Does this look like a boat that can be saved? Any suggestions, thoughts, or comments will be appreciated!

Attachments

• photo(2).JPG
    photo(2).JPG
    225.7 KB · Views: 1,175
Looks a little beat, banged, and bent up. But we have seen boats on here in far worse condition come out looking like a new boat. A little "convincing" and she will be back in "shape".

I think it looks great! What are your plans other than extending the front deck? Center console? side console? Tiller?

You might try getting a ratchet cargo strap wrapped around the flexed part and cranking down on it to flex some of it back in shape. Be carefull!

I know what I would do with it!

That picture is actually a little deceiving. The trailer that it is sitting on is busted all to pieces on the right side. Luckily its not near as warped as it looks. Banged up yes, but pretty straight. I think if I get an outboard for it Im going to just go the tiller route. For now though my plans are to just use my trolling motor and creep the coves and hydrilla patches. Guntersville is known for its thick grass. Alot of the spots I want to get to I may even end up using a push pole. My plans are a little bigger than my budget right now. I am drawing up a model on google sketchup. Ill post it when I finish and see if I can get some good feedback from you guys about what I could do better. First up though is banging out dents, replacing some rivets, and paint. I will keep a log with pictures of my progress so check back!

The transom is going to be tough. Its got a welded piece on top holding into place. Any suggestions on how to go about replacing that wood?

Attachments

• IMG_1291.JPG
    IMG_1291.JPG
    768.5 KB · Views: 1,037
Lots of ways to get at that transom. Before I had metal working tools I cut everything with a 4 inch grinder and 1/16 or 1/8 inch cutting discs. Cut the inside edge and then after replacing the transom you can rivet or screw a piece of aluminum angle to box it back in. If you have pneumatics you can use a cut off wheel. If not there is alot you can accomplish with a 4 inch grinder. My first one was a makita and it still lives after years of abuse.

I used a cold chisle to remove the rivit heads and then drove the rest out with an old screw driver. Went pretty fast and cold chisles are cheap.