1852 Flatbottom Project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris

Reaction score
Well this is my first project to post on here. I'm rather new to the site but not new to boat projects. Thought i would post this one and see what you guys thought. I'm not gonna do anything to major. But this boat definetly needed some work so when the tilt and trim went out i saw it as the perfect oppertunity. Here are pics of what i'm workin with.

First thing is first. Strip it all out and paint.

Attachments

• DSCF0190b.jpg
    DSCF0190b.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 1,037
  • DSCF0192b.jpg
    DSCF0192b.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 1,037
  • DSCF0195b.jpg
    DSCF0195b.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 1,037
  • DSCF0197b.jpg
    DSCF0197b.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 1,037
  • DSCF0200b.jpg
    DSCF0200b.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 1,037
  • DSCF0201b.jpg
    DSCF0201b.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 1,037
  • DSCF0203b.jpg
    DSCF0203b.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 1,037
That is one Big A$$ boat!! I would just throw a cardboard floor in it for more convenient breakdancing in all that extra room. Just kidding man, congrats on the new project. You have a great foundation to work with. You trying to set it up for bass? I see a lot of those catfish guys using boats that size too.

Im looking forward to seeing this project progress. :D

Did your CMC tilt & trim unit go out? I'm curious as to what happened there. I'm putting on on my boat now.

Haha yea its big for sure but I love havin the room. My grandad actually used to commercial fish out of it. I'm gonna be doin a little of everything. Its my go to boat for big water. Mostly gonna use it for duck huntin catfishin crappie fishin some bass. And who knows what else.

As far as the lift goes. Be sure every component is either covered or sealed up tight as a tick. THEY HATE GETTIN WET. Mine went out cause the pump got water in it and the brushes came all to pieces. It has always given me fits though. Next time around that thing will be covered and dry and sealed lol. When they are workin though. You can't find a better lift

Well i got some done tonight and last night. Looks a lot different now but its ready to be sanded. This site definetly came through for me. Dont know how i would have gotten all those rusted bolts off without the $17 angle grinder from harbor freight. Definetly didnt know they had those till i saw it on here.
I took everything out. Got the bracin off and the old transom out and i cut out the two box seats behind the rear bench to have more room. Here are the pics

Attachments

• DSCF0206b.jpg
    DSCF0206b.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 929
  • DSCF0207b.jpg
    DSCF0207b.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 929
  • DSCF0208b.jpg
    DSCF0208b.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 929