1952 Scott Atwater 7.5 HP Service Manual

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pcdimis said:
ran the motor again in a 55 gallon drum and still no water, i pulled everything apart and blowed thru the lines and pulled the power head and blowed thru the water jackets and no blockages found. i put it back together ran it again and now im pumpimg water!

the only thing im a little worried about is that i could not find the gasket for the lower unit rear cover plate so i used RTV however when i tighten it down the prop gears lock up. I am assuming that the thickness of the gasket was factored in for the back lash setting so i pulled it apart applied more RTV and let it sit for awhile the re-installed it however i cant tighten the bolts as much as i would like or it lock on me again. gonna keep searching for the gasket.

if it doesnt rain tommorow i plan on trying the motor out to fine tune the carb settings.
Thanks to everyone for helping me get this thing up snd running.
I would be pulling it apart and making a gasket, if not you are talking about a failure waiting to happen.

Please post a photo of what you're talking about.... Not sure I understand where this gasket is...

i came to my senses and went to the auto parts store and bought a roll of gasket material and made a new gasket.

This is the cover I was talking about

Attachments

• BB0B1FAA-B4A8-45FC-8018-A2BCCA2FE00D.jpeg
    BB0B1FAA-B4A8-45FC-8018-A2BCCA2FE00D.jpeg
    53.7 KB · Views: 717
Wow that motor was 100% different in 1953.... Now I get it.... thanks...