1962 14' Mirrocraft restore

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuffaloStarcraft22

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I have got my hands on my first ever old Tinny, and have already fallen in love. She is a 1962 MC Ski-n-Troll, and is in pretty good shape for a 50+ year old boat. She was in the water when I bought her, took her for a little ride, and no leaks. Rivets look good.Not planning to restore her to original specs, the PO refurbed the front bench seat, I plan on retrofitting that to the back bench, installing new folding seats in the front, and sanding and repainting her(but not that putrid turquoise she originally was!) Motor that it came with is a 63 Johnson Super Seahorse 28hp, which appears to be in excellent shape, save the impeller housing Im currently trying to track down and replace. Windshield is in great shape, minor scratches. Looking for an original or close enough Bow light cover, and close to original MC emblems for sides.Using primarily for small lake fishing and cruising in WNY. I'd appreciate any advice or hints to help me along. Thanks!!!

Attachments

• 20130917_193542_zpseece929e.jpg
    20130917_193542_zpseece929e.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 976
  • 20130917_193608_zps2deb4e97.jpg
    20130917_193608_zps2deb4e97.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 976
That is a great looking boat. Make sure that the transom wood is in good shape and you will be good to go, I would suggest trying all the boat dealers around Buffalo and Tonawanda to find the lower unit parts that you need minor windshield scratches can be removed with Plexis you can get it at any motorcycle dealer I have used it on MC windshields and it works great just spray a little on and use a piece of flannel to polish the WS they will look like new when you are done.

Very cool looking Mirrorcraft. I look forward to your changes. Put a flag pole on her too.....old glory would look awesome flying off the stern like the old wooden Chriscraft's.