1965 Alumacraft BelMara

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moxiedog

Reaction score
I am in contact with a guy about a 1965 alumacraft belmara. It has a 55hp Chrysler on it, and apparently floats and runs. windshield is intact, trailer pulls fine. Guy wants $700 for the whole outfit. Seems like a pretty good deal as these boats are pretty rare from what I have heard. Should I pull the trigger? Here are a few crappy pictures he sent to me.

Belmara21_zpsb50a057b.jpg

Having done the run-and-fetch-and-shop-and-see-what-will work routine on several boats over the last three years, $700 for an intact and use able craft is a gift. Just the saving in gas as you make endless trips to various vendors is significant.

And...you make the look-see appointment, talk a little, look a lot, ask questions and listen to answers, and then...ask the question..."What's the very best you can do for me?"

There's a special atmosphere that is created between buyer and seller of watercraft, and truly, BOTH want the same thing: to get the boat in someone else's hands.

As often as not, it is not really negotiation, but just massaging the price.

Be safe, have fun.

:)

Does the seller have whatever paperwork is required by your state to legally transfer title and registration of boat, motor and trailer to you? If not, or if you get some story about how easy it will be for you to straighten out after you buy it, be very careful. Otherwise looks like a good deal.

There's not much in the way of new parts and support for Chrysler motors. When it dies it's dead and you will looking for another motor. Other than that I love old aluminum runabouts.

Finally had he chance to go look at it. I passed due to the Chrysler motor, a suspect patch near the keel, and having to redo the floor. However, the seats are in terrific shape, and the windshield is in pretty good shape too. It had a vent sort of thing in the middle top portion that I had never seen. If anyone is looking for terrific seats or a windshield, let me know and I will give you the guys info. I think it was a great deal for 700, just not right for me right now.

Latest posts